Applications for this job have closed. Try searching for similar jobs.
Senior Business Operations Program Manager
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Your future team
At Atlassian, we're on a mission to unleash the potential in every team, and that includes our own. That's where you come in! As a Business Operations Program Manager, you will report into our Program Management team, and partner with the Head of Data Science to drive operational strategy for their leadership team and manage strategic programs. Our Data Science team sits at the nexus of R&D and Go to Market (GTM) teams and your work will align efforts within the Data Science team and across the company. You'll own operational planning and strategy, create processes for headcount planning, budget allocation, and department structure, and lead cross-functional projects for Data Science.
What you'll do
- Partner with the Head of Data Science to organize and focus their leadership team's time and effectiveness.
- Lead business operations for the Data Science Team - including headcount tracking, budget, planning, and escalation, risk, and decision processes - in partnership with Product Leadership, Marketing Leadership, FP&A, Recruiting, HR, and other teams.
- Partner with R&D Program Management, Marketing Program Management, and CMO Staff to align planning activities for Data Science.
- Identify scope, and lead cross-functional Data Science programs.
- Act as a thought partner to your leader in everything from day-to-day questions to longterm strategy and planning.
- Act as proxy for your leader in meetings, decisions, and delegation as needed.
- Draft blogs, slides, and other deliverables for internal or external communication for your leader, and work with them to refine, edit, and get things published.
- 6+ years of experience building operations and scaling practices for large teams (200+) and supporting and developing leadership teams.
- Expertise in driving technical, cross-functional programs with the ability to understand and articulate both the 30,000 foot business strategy of the program and the granular details of day-to-day execution and delivery.
- Experience creating operational sense out of complicated processes (or the lack there of).
- Experience with data analytics tools such as Tableau
- Core strengths around written and verbal communication as well as data analysis and technical understanding.
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $124,500 - $190,900
Zone B: $112,000 - $171,900
Zone C: $103,300 - $158,500
Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please see here for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.