Head of FP&A, GTM Business Partners
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is hiring a finance leader to support the Global Go-To-Market (GTM) organization. You will be the primary Finance Business Partner for the CRO, and lead an FP&A team responsible for executing the GTM operational strategy of Atlassian. You will also play a lead role in building out finance processes to support key GTM functions, including support cost analysis, pricing & packaging support, compensation planning; and subscription economics framework (LTV, CAC, etc).
You will report to the Head of FP&A Business Partners and will lead a high-performing distributed team. You will mentor a team that already works across our organization to drive strategic thinking about the growth of our business. You will play a key role in planning, providing insight into business performance, supporting strategic decision-making and helping predict the future of the business. You will lead and continuously build a very high performing team, providing thought leadership to our CRO, CFO, Founders and Executive Team.
More about you
We are seeking a dynamic senior finance leader to help shape and drive forward the vision of one of the fastest-growing companies in the market. With a passion to understand the bigger picture and think strategically, you also enjoy rolling up your sleeves and diving into intricate analyses, while also stepping back to develop a perspective on the business and drive outcomes. You thrive in a fast pace environment, look to solve challenging problems and are motivated to implement innovative ways to do things better.
You are a natural leader, with a "get it done" attitude. You draw people to you with your energy and curiosity. You work hard, but don't take yourself too seriously. You can build credibility with your knowledge of both detail and big themes and communicate effectively with Executives and Board members, driving insight and action.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Lead the operating forecast for the GTM organization.
- Provide data-driven insights into business performance, supporting strategic decision-making
- Drive the short and long-range financial planning processes with the GTM organisation
- Partner with the GTM organization and other teams in Finance to build out finance processes to support key GTM initiatives, including gross margin analysis, pricing & packaging; compensation planning; and subscription economics framework (LTV, CAC, etc).
- Identify investment opportunities and focus areas that propel Atlassian's continued growth.
- You will be the go-to person for the CRO on explaining how this team is executing against its GTM strategy and provide ad hoc financial support
- Lead a high-functioning, distributed team
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Possess a strong work ethic and are high energy
- Are innovative, decisive, and willing to challenge the status quo
- Help set and drive a vision to establish a best-in-class FP&A support model
- Provide insights that help drive efficient capital allocation across the company and the functions you support
- Are a cross-team collaborator, able to effectively work with teams across multiple departments, time zones, and functions
- Have a consistent record of motivating change while still being collaborative and inclusive in nature
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to explain complex financial information to leaders
- Are a strategic problem solver, especially when navigating ambiguity, hands-on and resourceful
- Are adaptable and handle contending responsibilities in a timely manner
- Experience in leading and developing high caliber teams
- Experience in orchestrating and executing financial planning cycles
- Deep understanding of financial modeling and key metrics used in the B2B SaaS; strong understanding of US GAAP
- Prior software sector experience is a strong plus
- A minimum of 10 years in finance
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field (Finance, Accounting, Economics), MBA and/or CPA is a plus
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $180,000 Min - $276,000 TA Max
Zone B: $162,000 Min- $248,400 TA Max
Zone C: $149,400 Min - $229,100 TA Max
Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please see here for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!