Global Alliance Lead - Americas
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking for an experienced Global Alliances leader to drive AMER regional development with our most strategic partners. This role reports directly to the Head of Channel Business Development, and will be responsible for growing incremental, measurable revenue through Global System Integrators in the AMER region across our diverse range of enterprise solutions - from Agile at Scale to Service Management.
We are on a mission to help our customers compete and win in the modern, digital economy. We have built a multi-billion-dollar, dynamic software business with over 225,000 paying customers, and millions of users around the globe. Many of these organizations acquire Atlassian tools through our network of partners - including a growing number of Global System Integrators (GSIs).
In this role, you will be responsible for partner engagement and go-to-market efforts, developing a robust pipeline of joint opportunities with some of our largest enterprise customers across the region. Using your experience and leadership skills, you will deliver successful outcomes against our channel targets.
The Global Alliance Lead, AMER will work closely with the Atlassian AMER leadership team - both channel & sales - to lead the strategy and ongoing improvement of our channel sales model and build a comprehensive approach to engaging with key GSI partners to accelerate our channel growth trajectory through the motions of our partner-facing functions.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Assist the leadership team in planning and executing the vision of the channel business development organization
- Manage and develop a growth plan for AMER working with Regional Management and territory-based Channel Managers
- Team with our Enterprise Sales and Solution Specialists on optimizing the co-selling motion
- Develop demand generation strategies across different product and solution areas
- Assess channel coverage, partner capacity and recruitment requirements across the different AMER territories
- Continuously evaluate different partnership and go-to-market models, unique to each solution area
- Align with counterparts in the Channel field and program organizations to build and deliver a coordinated engagement model
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Product, Marketing, Analytics, Finance, and others
- “Be the change you seek” and demonstrate leadership while helping Atlassian to continuously improve our ability to better serve our customers and partners
- Monitor, measure, and assess how your critical initiatives and investments are delivering results for the company
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Substantial experience in Channel Management and/or Channel Sales
- Experience building and managing Strategic Alliance partnerships
- Strong communication skills - both through language and cultural understanding across AMER
- An understanding of how to deliver as a cross-functional leader by engaging with and influencing other groups within the organization
- The ability to focus and drive channel initiatives, but also keep an eye on the business as a whole
- A proven record of meeting or exceeding performance metrics - both sales/bookings as well as non-revenue targets
- A strong history of making a positive impact outside of the individual role
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $168,700 - $258,800
Zone B: $151,800 - $232,900
Zone C: $140,000 - $214,800
Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please see here for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!