Product and Privacy Counsel- Partnerships & Marketplace
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
We're looking for a talented Privacy & Product Counsel to join our collaborative legal team at Atlassian! This role is a unique opportunity to work alongside product leaders at Atlassian in building engagement with partners and application developers. The ideal candidate enjoys working closely with technical teams, and can offer practical advice that's easy for non-lawyers to understand. This role is for you if you're passionate about learning, enjoy working in global cross-functional teams, and are excited to be involved in building emerging products and services.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Counsel on and design a scalable privacy processes for an evolving Atlassian marketplace
- Support efforts to build trustworthy, data privacy-conscious products our customers love
- Provide guidance on compliance with global privacy and data security laws, regulations and industry standards
- Partner with the business (marketplace, partners, trust, etc.) on privacy-related initiatives for partners and in the Atlassian marketplace
- Be relentlessly curious about what we are building at Atlassian, and how we can blend privacy and Atlassian principles into product innovation
More about you:
- You enjoy supporting product and partnership teams, addressing complex privacy considerations in partnership and app ecosystems
- You understand B2B SaaS customer considerations when interacting with a third party app ecosystem
- You build relationships with business stakeholders to strengthen the connection between our team and the business
- You effectively navigate a decentralized and complex organization spread across the globe
- You thrive in an intentional high-documentation, low-meeting work culture
- You have a strong understanding of software technology and cloud services, associated business models, and technology industry trends
- You're keenly aware of product, privacy and data protection issues that our users - end users, organization administrators, developers, enterprise customers, or users - are likely focused on when considering or using our products
- You think creatively beyond the expected to generate possible solutions and options for the business, clearly articulating risk-based recommendations
On your first day, we expect you to have:
- Qualified to practice law in your local jurisdiction
- 5 + years practicing law
- Experience working with partner teams on privacy issues
- Passion to understand our customers, products, principles, culture, and business model
- Deep knowledge of applicable privacy regulations (GDPR, CCPA, etc.)
- An ability to issue-spot areas requiring involvement of other teams such as intellectual property, employment, commercial, security, and risk and compliance and apply a good amount of common sense
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $155,200 - $238,100
Zone B: $139,700 - $214,300
Zone C: $128,800 - $197,600
Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please see here for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!