Managing Director, Creative
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
We're looking for a seasoned leader to lead Creative Operations and Production efforts for Atlassian's creative studio. In this role, you will oversee all of the activities of the Creative, Production and Ops teams and be responsible for all business & financial operations.
Partner with the ECD on process, team structure, and strategic planning as well as support for vision setting and strategic direction. You do this by maintaining effective relationships with all agency and XFN partners, project and ongoing client work. Participate in planning and driving strategy, with guidance from the Marketing leadership team. You will also partner with the ECD on nurturing the team's efficiency, retention and growth, which includes managing capacity, guiding professional development and facilitating internal communications among the Marketing leadership team.
On your first day, we'll expect you to:
- Report directly to the VP, Executive Creative Director. Partner with the ECD on process, team structure, and strategic planning as well as support for vision setting and strategic direction.
- Oversee all of the activities, business & financial operations pertaining to the Creative, Production and Ops teams.
- Maintain effective relationships with all XFN partners, internal creative teams and external agencies.
- Participate in planning and driving strategy, with guidance from the Marketing leadership team. Have a strong grasp of financial tracking, annual planning and roadmap scoping exercises to set the team up for success.
- Partner with the ECD on nurturing the team's efficiency, retention and growth, which includes managing capacity, guiding professional development and facilitating internal communications among the Marketing leadership team.
- Manage direct reports in both the U.S. and global markets.
- Orchestrate how creative projects fit within the wider business portfolio through the lens of objectives, impact, risks and resources.
- Prioritize competing needs with good reasoning and viable solutions across multiple teams and projects.
- Build and optimize systems, tools and standards that lead to efficient and effective marketing.
- Coordinate the wider team to ensure successful communication and delivery of various marketing and creative initiatives: campaigns, always-on programs, events and brand design projects.
- Be proficient at building supportive and collaborative relationships.
- Have excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills with a specific passion for processes.
Who you are:
- 20+ years client-facing experience within a creative agency, studio and/or digital product marketing company.
- 10+ years of experience building and leading multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience working in a global tech company.
- Able to demonstrate both strategic vision and craft, execution-style – you must think big and be able to get into the weeds.
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $178,900 - $274,400
Zone B: $161,000 - $247,000
Zone C: $148,500 - $227,800
Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please see here for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!