Senior Principal Software Engineer/Architect - FedRAMP
Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking for experienced architects / engineers to join our Enterprise Trust Foundations team. Your role will involve the design, implementation, and operations of the services to strengthen the enterprise readiness of our cloud. Be a part of a dynamic team that delivers incredible, creative improvements to our products and platform. You'll collaborate often with other developers to write the best code for the project and deliver amazing results that our users love. You would not be afraid to speak your mind even if it is blasphemy for other engineers. We are looking for that elusive person who is pragmatic and surefooted even in dark.
Your future team
We're hiring a senior principal architect/engineer, reporting to the Head of Engineering - Enterprise Trust Foundations to focus on Regulated Industries/FedRAMP programs. This position would work across the ~100 member development team building the Trust Foundations products and solutions, and collaborate with architects across Atlassian to implement enterprise controls and policies.
What you'll do
- Build teams' capacity by mentoring
- Partner with leadership, stakeholders, cross-functional teams to FedRAMP ATO
- Achieve success in the area of Operational Excellence improving delivery predictability and servicability
- Architect internet-scale distributed systems and build enterprise platform
- Drive long-term architecture
- Drive teams' Operational excellence
- Broad experience architecting, designing, and building large-scale distributed systems.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS with hands-on experience of one or more public cloud offerings (AWS preferred)
- At least 4 years of experience in crafting and implementing high-volume, low latency distributed systems
- 10+ years of experience building software, with 4+ years in an architect role working across teams
- Experience with collaboration with an ecosystem of teams
- Lead the long-term strategy
- Experience with Enterprise Customers
- Experience in operational requirements and common challenges of cloud-based systems
- Experience working with remote teams (peers, or customers)
- Understanding of regulated industries and compliance requirements of FedRAMP, HIPAA, ISO, SOC2, etc.
- Experience in enterprise security and identity management
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $217,500 - $333,500
Zone B: $195,700 - $300,200
Zone C: $180,500 - $276,900
Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please see here for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!