Senior Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking for a kick @$$ Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer that’s passionate about being a product expert in the sales cycle, solving our customer’s hardest business problems with our products and solutions, and helping close our enterprise deals. Interested? Read on!
In this job you will:
- Partner with sales to participate in customer discovery to understand the customer's current state, what business problems they want to solve, and map back to the Atlassian products, platforms and solutions that will get them where they want to be
- Probe for and identify additional opportunities for cross-product/solution expansion
- Investigate, discover, and assess client pain points
- Be a product expert of Atlassian software in the pre-sales process, showing the customer the value of the software and how it can change their way of working
- Have a broad understanding of full Atlassian product and solution offerings and paint a compelling story of how they work together to unlock the power of teams
- Lead compelling value-based demonstrations, both standard and customized
- Understand and guide the customer's technical needs in the sales process to gain buy-in from the customer on Atlassian being the right decision
- Proactively create strong partnerships with assigned sales counterparts, regularly discussing current and upcoming opportunities and needs, bi-directional feedback on recent engagements, and ways to improve the selling cycle together
- Understand, track and document product feedback and competitive intelligence from customers and advocate for the development internally by documenting and sharing with product management
- Continuously learn, develop and refine your pre-sales and product, solution and platform offering knowledge and sales processes and Atlassian products progress
More about you:
We're looking for a dynamic team member with a go-getter attitude who will both learn from and teach our passionate and growing organization.
On paper, you have 5+ years of experience interacting with enterprise customers in a pre-sales capacity, with excellent communication, strong presentation skills to multi-level audiences, and unmatched agility to do what it takes to get the job done. If you're looking to be a cog in the system, this job isn't for you.
You're a creative problem solver who can interpret complex business problems, boil them down into solutions, and collaborate with prospects, partners, and the Atlassian sales team to deliver compelling value-based solutions. You're equally comfortable in both a business and technical context, interacting with executives or talking shop with strong technical audiences. You love to learn and continuously grow and challenge yourself, are open to giving and receiving feedback, tolerate failure, love to win, hate to lose, and are passionate about making customers and Atlassian successful.
More about our team
You'll be working alongside a globally distributed SE team, reporting into a Senior Manager of Solutions Engineering. You'll speak with Global 2000 companies every day, and collaborating closely with our sales teams to provide an enterprise experience to our customers. We're a get s#!% done distributed team, built on Atlassian's core values. If this sounds like how you want to work, then we're excited at the opportunity to have you join the team and help our company grow and change for the better.
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $142,192 - $218,100
Zone B: $127,973 - $196,300
Zone C: $118,019 - $181,000
Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!