Business Development Executive, Communication, Media and High Tech
Location: Los Angeles, California, Phoenix, Arizona, San Diego, California, San Francisco, California, Seattle, Washington
Job Type: Full time
There is one in every group - the person who dreams big and has the motivation to bring their ideas to life, even as others might roll their eyes and prefer to play it safe. Are you that person? One who isn’t afraid to break the mold and who gets passionate about the power of digital to transform organizations and ways of working? Because we are building teams of people like that to help our clients unlock the power they need now and own what is next.
We are breaking apart the traditional process of setting strategies and goals first, then finding technologies to achieve them. In the digital age, there is no time for that linear process. We partner with clients to accelerate value from digital innovation by being daring, imaginative, and fast. We believe big and deliver personally. We relentlessly challenge, encourage, and support our clients and each other.
Here you will find a team of people who thrive with turning ideas and innovations into breakthrough results for leading organizations around the world. Ultimately, we are not just making business better - We are making life better for our clients and their customers.
As part of our West Region, in a highly strategic Business Development role you’ll be focused on one or more areas of expertise within the Industry of Communications, Media & High Tech (CMT). You will be responsible for identifying high potential transformation deals, leading, and running many of the entire sales cycles. You will drive new and incremental revenue by prospecting, acquiring, and developing new and fast-growing business with direct clients in your area of expertise. You will also work closely with partners driving new business. You will build a pipeline for growth and closing business, including statements of work and contracts. You will interact with Microsoft, new and current clients, gain referrals from them, and form strong trust relationships that open doors and close deals. You will maintain an extensive knowledge of current market conditions, contending offerings and current penetration of services and solutions.
Your Daily Responsibilities Include:
- Building and maintaining access to key business decision makers and generating C-level contacts by networking across the marketplace.
- Meeting with potential clients to grow and maintain various channel relationships.
- Applying and demonstrating the Avanade Sales Process, solution selling and account management practices.
- Using detailed, comprehensive industry knowledge and experience, develop and support project strategies and advise and support team members and project partners.
- Occasionally travel to your client’s site, as needed.
You are a deal hunter, deal maker, originator, & A self-starter who develops and wins new business in a complex consulting environment with sophisticated technology solutions. You work collaboratively with energy, drive, and dedication to overcome obstacles to achieve your goals. You take ownership and encourage others to make a positive impact. You have superb interpersonal skills and can establish strong relationships; you anticipate and neutralize obstacles and objections. You are a master influencer of internal and external resources.
Your Background and Skills Include:
- Validated experience selling across multiple Solution areas (Apps & Infra, Modern Workplace, Biz Apps and Data & AI), preferably enterprise scale consulting engagements that could include global delivery.
- Working effectively with Microsoft, and other partners to grow their book of business.
- Anticipating, identifying, and applying fast, effective solutions to remove roadblocks circumstances.
- Success as a Business development Hunter with sophisticated closure capabilities
- Ability to act as a trusted advisor in addressing our client’s business needs.
- Driving sales in a solutions-selling environment at the C-suite level.
Avanade requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Avanade will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement on an individual basis.
At Avanade, we are committed to a diverse and versatile work environment where our people can be the best at what they do. We are proud be among leading organizations who are taking a stand for gender equity, both in and outside the workplace. This includes teaming with like-minded partners who are as hardworking as we are about strengthening the role of women in the workplace, including Women in Technology International, Anita Borg Institute and Catalyst.