IoT Solution Architect
Location: Albany, New York, Bangor, Maine, Boston, Massachusetts, Buffalo, New York, Hartford, Connecticut, Jersey City, New Jersey, New York, New York, Newark, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Providence, Rhode Island, Rochester, New York, Stamford, Connecticut, Syracuse, New York
Job Type: Full time
About the Role:
As an IoT Solution Architect, you are passionate about IoT and have the capability and experience collaborating to define, solution, implement, and drive our Microsoft centric IoT strategy. In this key role, you get to focus on supporting the offering every day, serving as the technical “face” of the offering internally and externally, support sales in pre-sales solutioning efforts, and regional relationships with alliance partners, and of course working closely with Microsoft, Accenture, and Avanade Sellers.
In summary, this role is all about the technical sales & solutioning!
About Your Daily Activities:
- Estimate, solution, design, and develop scalable architecture aligned to a business strategy and benefits case helping drive IoT deals.
- Ensure smooth delivery of IoT solutions and provide continuous advice, SME support, quality assurance, and best practices to IoT project teams related to delivery approach and strategy.
- Play a key role in helping our clients transform their business through design and implementation of cutting edge, enterprise scale, cloud and edge based IoT solutions.
- Support pre-sales and origination of new business with the right interlocks with Avanade, Accenture, & Microsoft sellers across various industries.
- Understand how to help businesses navigate the landscape of IoT and explore how to leverage AI solutions to extend capability.
- Be responsible for our technical strategy around IoT to bring solutions to life for our clients.
- Collaborate across our regional/area technical communities and Sales teams to support pre-sales and delivery teams through the full life cycle of strategy through development execution to successful client business outcomes.
- Collaborate and maintain successful partnerships with Microsoft and Accenture to help our clients achieve transformational outcomes from AI, IoT and Data services.
- Your core solution skills include expert level hands on experience developing IoT solutions using: .NET, Python, Azure, and Operational Technologies (OT) Systems and Data.
- Your successful technical leadership track record of developing and growing long term, high value client relationships makes you a standout with C-sat and happy clients.
- Your honed communication, influencing and negotiating capabilities have helped you establish and grow solutions with key clients. You enjoy advising leadership teams in the development, production and promotion of your solution offerings to grow a technology services line of business.
- You’re an organized problem-solver with a talent for business, whose knowledge and experience helps turn business needs into solutions
- You guide and support your team, whether at home or around the globe, to provide successful and accessible AI and IoT solutions that solve client problems.
- You’re interested in Manufacturing and Industry specific solutions.
About Your Background:
- You have Management Consulting & SI Experience.
- You possess a bachelor’s degree in Business or technology-related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- +10 years of relevant technology leadership experience, designing and delivering solutions for client organizations through complex solutions / projects with heavy client interaction.
- +5 years of demonstrated experience, demonstrating a working knowledge and experience of IOT with deep understanding of various communication techniques for devices as well as sensors and hardware solutions to address specific needs.
- You have an understanding and experience with IoT, Intelligent Automation, and large-scale system design.
- You’ve had exposure across multiple industries (Financial Services, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Retail, etc.).
- You have the ability to team with peers in a large, matrixed organizations, including significant experience with offshore teams and delivery.
- You have solutioned, created and presented strategic roadmaps and business cases making you successful in this key leadership Go-to-Market Sales motions.
How we support you:
We believe in gender equity and an inclusive community. We offer a comprehensive benefits package: generous vacation allowance disability coverage, retirement plans, paid maternity and paternity leave, life insurance, hotel and travel discounts, extended benefits to cover items that support your well-being, health, dental and vision insurance, professional development, and paid Microsoft certification opportunities.
Compensation for roles at Avanade varies depending on a wide array of factors including but not limited to the specific office location, role, skill set and level of experience. As required by local law, Avanade provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in New York as set forth below and information on benefits offered is here.
Role Location: Range of Starting Pay for role
New York: $181,050 – $ 251,000
Avanade requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Avanade will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement on an individual basis.