Digital Agency Business Development Executive-Northeast
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, New York, New York, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
Experiences Regional Business Development
A vision maker — able to see the future our clients need and sell it
What is Avanade Experiences?
Over Avanade's 20+ years, we've delivered the most intelligent, engaging, award-winning experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. As technology and human expectations evolve, we see incredible opportunities for customers, products, and workplaces—where imagination is the only limit.
Avanade Experiences is our way to bring unconventional thinking, exceptional creativity, and our unparalleled engineering heritage to think big and make it real. Our vision of the future goes far beyond concepts to enable and deliver the impact our clients, their people, customers, and communities need.
We support each other with great work to push boundaries, connect technology with what matters to people first, and grow with our clients. If you feel this is a great fit for your path, we’d love to talk.
About the role:
You get to work with some of the world’s most ambitious brands and businesses who partner with us to create experiences that unlock new value and create genuine human impact. You develop strategic, trusting relationships with business leaders and help them understand their complex business environment, so that they can see their future with clarity and confidence. You're a dealmaker who develops and wins new business in a complex agency-like environment with sophisticated digital solutions. You are seen as data-driven, outcome-oriented, and deeply invested in the success of our clients. You understand that every experience we pitch and co-create must produce measurable results and real impact.
You're naturally curious, seeking valuable insights in our clients’ business that unlock brave ideas and opportunities. You love the win-win-win, and the sales process is second nature to you. You surround yourself, and our clients, with diverse, high-performing multi-disciplinary teams. You're a self-starter who works with energy, drive, and dedication to achieve your goals. You set everyone up for success with proper expectation setting and stakeholder management, and your positive impact is felt long after you’ve closed your deal. That's why your clients and colleagues love you.
You’ll be responsible for leading our entire sales cycle, realizing new and incremental revenue by prospecting, acquiring, and developing new and fast-growing business with our clients. You will also work closely with partners to drive new business, building a pipeline for growth and closing business. You will interact with new and current clients, gain referrals from them, and form strong trust relationships that open doors and close deals. You maintain extensive knowledge of the current market conditions and trends that our offerings, services, and solutions must contend with and bring to the market.
Specifically, you will:
- Build and maintain access to key business decision makers and generate C-level contacts by networking across the marketplace.
- Understand the needs of your partners and marshal the right resources with direct authority.
- Prospect and meet with potential clients to grow, maintain, and evolve relationships.
- Apply and demonstrate the Avanade Sales Process, solution selling and account management practices.
- Use industry knowledge and experience to develop and support project strategies and advise and support team members and project partners.
- Occasionally travel to your client’s site, as needed.
- Develop a highly scalable, yet personal, outbound strategy
- Identify and engage key constituents at client prospects to articulate Avanade’s value proposition and market leadership.
- Qualify prospective clients and identify areas where our solutions can provide value to their projects
- Map prospect and recently signed clients to identify potential new buyers/users of our services and promoters within
- Familiarize with the latest digital products, services, and other offerings, and collect feedback on those initiatives
- Work creatively and collaboratively with internal colleagues—client services, design, product, marketing, legal, finance—to accelerate the sales cycle and close new business
- Understand client business goals and strategic imperatives, and help the pitch team develop strategic deliverables, including written and creative assignments that represent the client’s needs
- Maintain new business pipeline relationships with intermediaries and prospective agencies
- Consistently identify needs the client may not recognize, and ensure that approaches and solutions are linked to objectives and future needs
- You will regularly present to prospects to increase awareness of Avanade, identify new leads, and use our CRM to track and map prospect accounts. You are responsible for providing both strategic and tactical leadership across large-scale cross-disciplinary engagements
What you bring to the table:
- Selling Digital Experiences, Products and Services, Business Transformation, or other large-scale design, strategy, consulting, and technology engagements to non-technical stakeholders
- Consistent track record in achieving and exceeding targets in a closing role
- Seasoned a client services organization, preferably on new business or accounts within a creative agency
- Good listener with demonstrated experience building positive client relationships
- Strong storytelling and presentation development skills, and ability to influence others
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to bring clarity and definition to opportunities
- Relationships with key Experiences ecosystem partners such as Microsoft, Adobe and Sitecore, andunderstands how to activate and motivate partners
- Previewing, identifying, and providing fast, effective solutions to unforeseen circumstances
- Agility to respond to new situations by modifying your performance & adopting new skills and abilities
- Hunter business development experience with advanced closure capabilities
- Crafting and positioning business results-oriented propositions
- Able to act as a trusted advisor in addressing our customer's business needs
- Relevant experience in a hands-on lead generation role, driving key metrics and daily activity, preferably in a creative agency or digital transformation organization
- Proven ability to manage long term, multi-million dollar engagements with multiple project tracks and teams
- Extensive experience in business development, relationship building & advanced closure, and in driving sales in a solutions-selling environment at the C-suite
Avanade requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Avanade will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement on an individual basis.
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital, cloud and advisory services, industry solutions and design-led experiences across the Microsoft ecosystem. Every day, our 56,000 professionals in 26 countries make a genuine human impact for our clients, their employees, and their customers. We have been recognized as Microsoft’s Global SI Partner of the Year more than any other company. With the most Microsoft certifications (60,000+) and 18 (out of 18) Gold-level Microsoft competencies, we are uniquely positioned to help businesses grow and solve their toughest challenges. We are a people first company, committed to providing an inclusive workplace where employees feel comfortable being their authentic selves. As a responsible business, we are building a sustainable world and helping young people from underrepresented communities fulfil their potential. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com .
Compensation for roles at Avanade varies depending on a wide array of factors including but not limited to the specific office location, role, skill set and level of experience. As required by local law, Avanade provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in California, Colorado, New York, and Washington as set forth below and  information on benefits offered is here.
Role Location: Range of Starting Pay for role
New York: $148,000 to $175,000