Regional Sales Leader, Northeast Region
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, New York, New York
Job Type: Full time
Global Sales – Regional Sales Leader
At Avanade, we have a bold ambition to be the world’s leading digital innovator, making a genuine human impact for our clients and in our communities. We combine entrepreneurial thinking with the strength and reach of our Microsoft and Accenture heritage, and we harness the power of our diverse backgrounds to create a community of exceptional talent. Today, Avanade is recognized as the largest and most experienced Microsoft partner, winning Microsoft Partner of the Year 17 times and a host of regional and solution awards in addition to industry recognition from IDC, Forrester and more. If you’re ready to join 56,000+ professionals in 26 countries who are passionate, collaborative and agile, Avanade is the right place for you. Because we believe that our capacity to learn is limitless and the future is ours to create. Together we go beyond.
As a member of the Northeast Regional Leadership team, you will lead sales for one of North America's fastest growing regions. This will include leading the regional sales team and sellers for the region while owning the local relationship with the regional Accenture Microsoft Business Group Sales Lead and regional Microsoft executives. The successful candidate will have the influence and scope to ensure that Avanade is ideally positioned for successful growth over the long term.
This role will provide expert guidance, support and oversight to the regional sales activities and work towards a high level of consistency in the design, execution and efficiency of sales. The role requires a thought leader with a growth mindset, able to transform and develop the existing sales capabilities, positioning Avanade as an innovator for customers and the ability to develop and grow long term, high value customer relationships at Executive level.
This role requires a track record in developing and growing high performance sales teams and working as part of a wider team; demonstrating and role modeling team player behaviors.
A strategic outlook will assist the ideal profile in the navigation of a “new normal”, both for Avanade and its client and partner ecosystem. A strong orientation towards execution will also be required; to lead Sales will be involved with key customers and deals as Executive Sponsor or Deal strategist. A combination of hands on strategic deal and client relationship experience, together with gravitas and impact, will drive continuous value for the organization's top clients. This individual will be entrepreneurial and results oriented and will contribute to the overall business.
RESPONSIBILITIES & OUTCOMES
The Regional Sales Leader creates a high performance culture around the immediate sales team and the wider sales community. The vision to be creative is essential although best practice around core activity is also a given, with a focus on regional planning, pipeline development, complex channel management, strategic deal shaping, bid management and on-going sales effectiveness program implementation, as well as evolving and running the various sales reporting cadences.
Balanced Scorecard Metrics for Sales:
- Regional overall Sales & Revenue & Profit targets
- Specific Solution Area / Industry focused sales targets
- Diversity & Inclusion goals
- Employee engagement and Retention
- Market share and market growth
- Seller performance and productivity
Setting Strategy & Developing a Plan:
- Create and articulate an inspiring vision for your areas of responsibility.
- Developing business growth plans including annual growth plans and sales target/quota plans
- Set clear and challenging goals while committing the organization to improved performance
- Supporting account management and planning best practices
Executing for Results:
- A balanced risk-taker who seeks data and input from others to foresee possible threats or unintended consequences rom decisions; someone who takes smart risks.
- A leader who is viewed by others as having a high degree of integrity and forethought in your approach to making decisions; the ability to act in a transparent and consistent manner while always taking into account what is best for the organization.
- A leader who is comfortable operating as a player/coach – driving personally a set of specific deals but also acting as a coach and mentor to pursuit teams across the region.
- A leader who understands what it means to build and execute on sales capability programs needed today, while also knowing how to position these programs as the building blocks for the capabilities needed tomorrow.
- The role requires a collaborative negotiating style capable of effecting change and driving results and experience working in a matrixed and fast paced, growing organization
- The ability to attract and recruit top talent, motivate the team, delegate effectively, celebrate diversity within the team, and manage performance
- Creates a sense of purpose/meaning for the team that generates followership and engages others to the greater purpose for the organization as a whole.
- Lead and drive the sales community and also act as the functional lead for sales professionals.
- Understanding of working across cultures and driving and influencing for results in a matrix organization is important.
The ideal candidate will have expertise in working at CxO level on selling and influencing large-scale systems integration, consulting or outsourcing decisions. We are searching for a passionate, professional and impactful sales leader with technology and solutions depth, accustomed to working in a complex environment with large partners such as Microsoft and Accenture.
In particular, the preferred profile will have leadership experience, be outcome based and value driven. This will include developing the right team, achieving the envisioned cultural evolution, and bringing the transformational sponsorship needed to embed new ways of delivering value to clients across a complex landscape.
- Executive level experience in growing large scale, profitable technology services business
- CxO impact and the ability to develop and grow long term, high value customer relationships
- Personal track record in selling and closing large complex deals
- Sales Leadership of senior sales professionals
- Sales coaching; can support sellers and deals and mentor to pursuit teams.
- Experience in complex channel and partner management.
- Visibility as an influencer on business relevant social media and in the regional business press.
- Experience in assessing and managing the opportunity and risk associated with large scale complex services/consulting engagements.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- High degree of integrity, credibility, resilience and character.
- Experience in an international working environment
- Ready to embrace and innovate in the “new normal”
PREFERRED SKILLS & BEHAVIORS & QUALIFICATIONS
- The ability to persevere in the face of challenges
- Relentless commitment to higher standards
- Self-reflective, with an attitude of continuous improvement and seeking input
- Inclination to seek and analyze data from a variety of sources to support decisions
- Entrepreneurial approach to developing innovative ideas to stretch the organization
- Encourages others to share the spotlight and visibly celebrates the success of the team.
- Degree in Business, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field.
- 10 + years in the IT / SI industry with experience in Sales such as Solutions Sales or Management Consulting background.