Director, Financial Services Advisory - Midwest
Location: Chicago, Illinois, Cincinnati, Ohio, Cleveland, Ohio, Detroit, Michigan, Indianapolis, Indiana, Kansas City, Missouri, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Minneapolis, Minnesota, St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Full time
Want to create customer value with digital and turn your ideas into human impact? So do we.
There’s one in every group—the person who dreams big and has the motivation to bring their ideas to life, even as others might roll their eyes and prefer to play it safe. Are you that person? One who isn’t afraid to break the mold and who gets inspired by the power of digital to transform organizations and ways of working? Because we are building teams of people like that to help our clients unlock the power they need now and own what’s next.
We are breaking apart the traditional process of setting strategies and goals first, then finding technologies to achieve them. In the digital age, there’s no time for that linear process. We partner with clients to accelerate value from digital innovation by being bold, imaginative – and fast. We think big and deliver personally. We relentlessly challenge, inspire, and support our client partners and each other.
Want the agility and energy of a start-up, backed by the resources of Accenture, Microsoft and the Center for Information Systems Research at MIT Sloan School of Management? Here you will find a team of people who thrive on turning ideas and innovations into breakthrough results for leading organizations around the globe. Ultimately, we’re not just making business better. We’re making life better for our clients and their customers.
If that sounds like you, you sound good to us. Find your next opportunity at Avanade Advisory.
Avanade is seeking a Consulting Director with expertise in the Financial Services industry to join our Midwest Advisory Practice. As many banks who have survived the worst of the financial crisis look to position themselves for growth and prosperity in a new banking landscape, there are many exciting opportunities to work with new and existing clients on strategy, transformation, and delivery engagements. With consolidation, regulation, technology advances and significant market-level change, this role is well positioned for engagements spanning business, technology, and management consulting services.
The role will involve applying personal and corporate knowledge and experience to tailor solutions and build partnerships helping our clients gain competitive advantage in their markets. You will help business and technology executives solve key problems within the financial services industry, mentor junior consultants, while building the practice and your career at one of the best places to work.
- Deliver sales and revenue against an owned target.
- Actively lead and participate in business development with prospective Clients including solution definition, proposal development, pre-sale Client meetings, and development of statements of work all to achieve revenue generation goals
- Present at industry conferences and effectively network to develop a robust pipeline of prospect Client opportunities
- Publish thought leadership, blogs, and actively participate in industry groups to establish Avanade as an industry leading consulting service provider in Financial Services
- Actively partner with Sellers/Account Owners, Practice Leads and other Avanade solution areas to develop and present impactful solution offerings for prospective Clients
- Partner with regional sales leaders in identifying and closing new opportunities within existing Clients as well as drive growth in whitespace accounts
- Actively build a professional network and affiliate network in the northeast financial services community
- Foster and broaden professional relationships and opportunities with alliance partners
- Drive billable revenue through advisory work (30% of time allocation)
- Communicate and report pipeline status to advisory executives and management, including budget, risks, and general business issues
- Analyze Client’s business needs in order to identify the underlying problems and recommend optimal solutions
- Document clear and concise business / functional requirements and acceptance criteria
- Understand the underlying technologies used in consumer banking & capital markets in order to effectively guide vision and roadmap development for clients
- On larger engagements, be able to work with larger management teams and determine independencies between the Avanade project and other initiatives
- On smaller engagements, be able to work hands on in creating deliverables which could include strategy, design, development, testing, and the delivery of training
- Facilitate effective change management programs within client organizations by leveraging your expertise of processes in the financial services arena
Practice Area Development
- Build on new client successes to scale business development capabilities within the Midwest Advisory region
- Scale business development capability within Financial Services by recruiting and managing new business development consultants
- Manage and mentor consultants in effective prospecting and selling impactful solutions to financial services organizations
- Drive the development/enhancement of Avanade’s methodologies and approaches to financial services Client delivery
- Partner with Practice Leads to define and target the needs of our financial services target audience
Skills and Experience
- Industry experience in financial services, retail banking, lending, or capital markets
- Experience in payments, blockchain, or decentralized finance a plus
- Solutions experience in digital strategy, business transformation, innovation, or client experience
- Experience with one or more of the following Competencies: Business Strategy Development and Execution, Change Management; experience with Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Business Architecture, Business Process Mapping, Business Requirements Development / Gap Analysis, Digitization, Program / Project Management (PMO), Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management a plus
- Experience with industry-leading financial services technology platforms
- Experience leading Financial Services Firms through transformational change initiatives, including Mergers and Acquisitions, Core Conversions, and/or Ancillary System Implementations and Integrations
What you need to bring to the table:
- =10+ combined years of Financial Services industry and professional services consulting experience including Client delivery
- Retail bank, credit union, or private equity experience within the Financial Services industry is required
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit, having a desire to lead business development for the Financial Services sector within Advisory and help build capabilities from the ground up
- Must have experience effectively leading organizations or teams through change
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and presentation skills
- Strong communication skills to be able to work with Client representatives at all levels, including presenting to C-level executives
You’ve got this!