Applications for this job have closed. Try searching for similar jobs.
Global Corporate Communications Manager
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Job Type: Full time
The Global Corporate Communications Manager is responsible for owning and managing Avanade’s corporate communications activities, working in close collaboration with Avanade’s global external communications lead and its geographic Area external communications leads to ensure the successful implementation of the planned and coordinated execution of:
- An integrated corporate media relations and social media strategy, including Avanade’s Leading Voices program
- Crisis communications
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Industry analyst relations
- Other globally-focused external communications projects
The role’s primary purpose is to nurture, grow and protect Avanade’s brand and its reputation across its external stakeholder audience, including, clients, prospects, partners, parents, influencers, employees and potential employees.
Working in conjunction with the broader corporate communications and brand teams, the role will be responsible for positioning Avanade as:
- The leading provider of innovative digital and advisory services and solutions based on the Microsoft platform
- A responsible business, helping itself, clients and other stakeholder groups work towards a more ethical, sustainable future
- An employer that puts people at the heart of its business; provides an enriching career journey with limitless learning opportunities and promotes an inclusive and diverse workforce
Reporting to the global external communications lead, the global corporate communications manager will be responsible for:
- Working with Avanade leadership, marketing colleagues and business SMEs to develop and execute a corporate strategic external communications program, globally
- Developing, managing, and coordinating a centralised communications/external content strategy across Avanade’s geographic Areas
- Coordinating with the Area external communications leads to ensure the coordinated delivery of centralised/corporate content to maximise the impact through media and social media channels.
- Managing and coordinating crisis communications, globally, including coordinating closely on crisis situations with Avanade’s parent, Accenture
- Managing and coordinating M&A communications, globally
- Managing Avanade’s “Leading Voices” program across external channels
- Developing key performance indicators for global/corporate programs and projects, and tracking, collating and reporting activity results to senior leadership and marketing colleagues
- When/if applicable, partnering with Accenture and Microsoft PR teams to heighten Avanade’s visibility in the marketplace, through coordinated programs
- Advising and supporting marketing colleagues with the PR/Social
Skills and Qualifications:
- Self-starter and strong driver required; ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a think-on-your-feet attitude and the ability to juggle multiple priorities at the same time
- Demonstrable experience of independently conceptualizing, building and executing end-to-end public relations campaigns (including social media and internal comms) that align with business objectives, can integrate with other marketing programs, and produce significant results
- Strategic thinker and strong executor
- Comfortable working in ambiguous situations
- Strong and disciplined project management and process improvement capabilities
- Experience hosting and managing C-level executives in media interviews, analyst briefings and speaking opportunities
- Ability to build rapport, influence, and deepen relationships with cross-functional team members
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with budget and metric tracking
- Working knowledge of media monitoring services (Cision/Meltwater, etc), Businesswire and other PR/AR tools and applications an advantage.
- 10+ years experience in public relations/corporate communications roles, preferably within a global enterprise in the consulting services field.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, public relations or related discipline
- Industry organization (IIAR, CIPR) accreditation and membership preferred