Legal Counsel Senior Consultant
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Charlotte, North Carolina, Chicago, Illinois, Dallas, Texas, Detroit, Michigan, Houston, Texas, Miami, Florida, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, St. Louis, Missouri, Tampa, Florida, Washington, District of Columbia
Job Type: Full time
- Structure, draft, review and negotiate a broad range of IT consulting and system integrator related service contracts and related documents.
- Assist various business stakeholders in clarifying and balancing risk and reward in relation to the service offerings and individual client arrangements and mitigating risk to protect the company's assets and profitability.
- Guide business stakeholders on questions of contract performance.
- Escalate variances from contracting policy or unusual commercial and legal risks.
- Stay abreast of legal developments affecting Avanade, its clients, and industries and synthesize the information to incorporate it into Avanade’s transactional practices.
- Develop internal trainings, guidelines, toolkits and packaged knowledge on various legal and business issues.
- Develop subject matter expertise in one or more areas that benefit the Avanade Legal Group and/or our business.
- Promote and implement initiatives introduced by the Avanade Legal Group.
- Manage and ensure that corporate governance requirements are met, up to date and in compliance with local laws.
- Support the global compliance strategy and the related global compliance programs implementation, also working with the global compliance team.
- Manage issues and disputes, minimize potential for litigation and foster protection of Avanade’s reputation.
- Provide legal education and training for our employees.
- Handle other duties as may be assigned on a case-by-case basis.
- Degree in law. Strong academic credential. Attorney qualification.
- 2 to 3 years of experience as an attorney, drafting and negotiating contracts (working in a corporate legal department, especially experience in the IT and/or consulting industry is a plus).
- Deep knowledge of, or ability to understand, relevant laws (including contract, commercial, information technology, intellectual property, and data privacy) and also the business and work culture in a multinational company, including those pertaining to compliance.
- Demonstrates excellent judgment, ability to prioritize and make decisions.
- Well-refined business perspective.
- Ability to work within a hierarchy and corporate multinational matrix both live and virtually across time zones.
- Ability to work as a member of a team in an intense, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently with some supervision and to escalate issues in a timely manner for resolution.
- Disciplined, focused and dedicated to meeting high standards of excellence.
- Strong time management, prioritization and organizational skills with ability to meet deadlines with short time frames and work under pressure. Highly responsive and follows through on commitments.
- Experience in structuring, negotiating, drafting and reviewing complicated technology consulting arrangements.
- Strategic, proactive thinker.
- Positive, inclusive and collaborative style.
- Superior communication skills, particularly with respect to active listening to and integrating information from various sources quickly and communicating legal advice in a practical form in a business context.
- Up-to-date working knowledge of the Microsoft ecosystem and cloud computing are a plus.
- Fluent in English (reading, writing and speaking).
- Knowledge of French (reading, writing and speaking) would be a plus.
Avanade requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Avanade will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement on an individual basis