Director, Retail / CPG Advisory Consulting
Location: Chicago, Illinois, Cincinnati, Ohio, Cleveland, Ohio, Columbus, Ohio, Detroit, Michigan, Indianapolis, Indiana, Kansas City, Missouri, Louisville, Kentucky, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Minneapolis, Minnesota, St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Full time
- Focus account teams to drive market development within the Products (Consumer Products, Retail, Manufacturing, Travel/Hospitality) portfolio in the South region.
- Develop Products industry-led opportunities within the South region.
- Manage relationship ecosystems with partners Microsoft & Accenture/AMBG in the Products portfolio, including Consumer Products, Retail, Manufacturing and Travel/Hospitality).
- Build winning propositions for targeted clients that demonstrate relevance, insights and expertise in the industry.
- Engage with South Products Portfolio team, South Advisory Practice team resources capability leads to ensure the right Industry resources are engaged in opportunities.
- Lead and support the delivery of Advisory engagements growing trust as well as enduring relationships with clients.
- Drive clients’ outcomes and develop success stories on the back of engagements.
- Partner with network and talent communities to maintain and identify capabilities needed for Industry led solutions.
- Support the development of talent and skills through Network through but not limited to mentoring, awareness training.
- Collaborate with the Network team to develop and refine the Industry Offerings through insights as well as drawing on successful client engagements.
- Develop specific assets and go to market content within the target industry sub-sector, e.g., Products (Consumer Products, Retail, Manufacturing, and Travel/Hospitality).
- Work closely with the Regional Advisory Leader to define additional propositions for our offerings.
- Assist in the curation of Products industry-specific assets, go-to-market content.
- Manage and own Products industry client success stories in the South region.
- Work with clients across their business and operational functions to identify their business problems and develop the right approach and strategy around all aspects of business & industry advisory based on your specific industry knowledge, experience and expertise.
- Collaborate and partner with other industry practitioners to identify and understand trends, patterns and themes that lead to opportunities for digital both within your specialist industry and also cross-industry.
- Plan and lead client/account diagnosis around the opportunity leveraging your insight and first-hand industry experience to help identify challenges and opportunities and associated offerings within it.
- Collaborate with other industry practitioners to identify trends and themes that contribute to the thought leadership, the design of innovative advisory services and the development of client opportunities. Further accelerating Avanade’s position and reputation in the market.
- You've got demonstrable skills in growing client intimacy directly and with business development teams to become a trusted advisor to a client. You have experience in sales - pre-sales or consulting within a particular market sector. You have an exceptional understanding of different strategies and models, mixed with strong business acumen and a proven track-record of building and growing innovative high-performing teams.
- You have at least ten years of experience industry with some exposure to consulting with a strong focus on digital in association to technology implementation / transformation / strategy, and at least four years in a senior role. You use your strong industry expertise and business acumen to inspire and develop ideas, solutions and outcomes.
- 15+ years’ overall experience as an outcome-oriented consulting leader with an entrepreneurial spirit who can balance practice leadership with role modeling high impact client work
- Passionate about trends and thought leadership in the Consumer Products, Retail and Manufacturing industries.
- Strong understanding of the challenges faced and opportunities available in today’s Products (Consumer Products, Retail, Manufacturing, and Travel/Hospitality.) industry, including sustainability coupled with a point of view on how to approach and address them with technology driven solutions.
- Strong communication and negotiation capabilities.
- Creating, delivering, selling, and supporting Products-centric use cases, value propositions and solutions.
- 10+ years’ experience in industry and understanding of the business drivers and requirements of the industry supported with a view on transformation/change within it.
- Senior relationships and projects including strategy, digital and innovation within industry across the lifecycle from innovation to industrialization.
- Good understanding of the realities of driving digital within your industry sector and the challenges faced in gaining benefit from it including associated investment challenges to balance the ideal outcomes aligned to commercial strategies.
- Good ability to translate business requirements and work with solution architects to translate into plausible technical solutions.
- Knowledge and opinions of the benefits and challenges organizations face on their journey to become future ready from a digital perspective and ideally have delivered some thought leadership in this space.
- Good understanding of the different methodologies and delivery approaches and their relationship to delivering digital innovation through continuous change models including the role of insight in managing and evolving experience strategies as part of the wider digital journey.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work with clients to establish requirements in non-technical language.
- Explaining complex solutions and concepts in a non-technical language.
Avanade requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Avanade will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement on an individual basis.