Manager, Workplace Advisory - Midwest
Location: Chicago, Illinois, Cincinnati, Ohio, Detroit, Michigan, Indianapolis, Indiana, Minneapolis, Minnesota, St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Full time
Show that gap who’s boss!
Women are 16% less likely than men to apply to a job once they’ve viewed it, but are 16% more likely to get hired after applying to a job.*
*LinkedIn Talent Solutions Gender Insights Report 2019
Want to create value with digital and turn your ideas into human and business impact? So do we.
At Avanade Advisory, we are breaking apart the traditional process of setting strategies and goals first, then finding technologies to achieve them. In the digital age, there’s no time for that linear process. We partner with clients to accelerate value from digital innovation by being bold, imaginative – and fast. We think big and deliver personally. We passionately challenge, inspire, and support our clients and each other.
Want the agility and energy of a start-up, backed by the resources of Accenture, Microsoft, and the Center for Information Systems Research at MIT Sloan School of Management? Here you will find a team of people who thrive on turning ideas and innovations into breakthrough results for leading organizations around the world. We’re not just making business better. We’re making life better for our clients and their customers. Avanade has developed a market-leading global Workplace Experience (WX) practice with a holistic approach including the workplace, the workforce and work itself, within industry and business contexts.
We equip organizations for transformation by developing innovative, practical strategies to securely modernize cloud-based platforms, applications, analytics, operations and the work environment. We create human-centric employee experiences that are sustained throughout the flow of work and the employee lifecycle. We also help organizations develop a cultural, organizational and leadership environment which enables highly engaged, high-performing distributed workforces to thrive. And we rethink and reconfigure how works gets done. Blending and optimizing the physical and digital work environment and reimagining LOB operations to improve work and business performance, using our industry expertise, creative design capabilities, and innovation services.
About the job
As a Workplace Experience (WX) Technology Advisor, you will be responsible for helping our clients create and evolve their workplace technology strategies, their IT operating models, and the continuous evolution of their physical and digital work environments. You will contribute to the WX and broader Avanade Advisory thought leadership to further accelerate Avanade’s position in the market.
You will champion Avanade’s Workplace Experience value across both our clients and our internal business helping to deliver change and build our pipeline and sales across Advisory, in partnership with other elements of the Avanade business.
In the role, you will:
- Work with clients to identify their business problems and develop the right approach and strategy primarily with a technology focus but ideally across all aspects of WX including people and business operations transformation
- Assist business development/ sales activities by working closely with account and sales teams to position and solution alignment across client expectations, contract, financials, solution, and capability to deliver
- Write project proposals including shaping proposed solutions, and collaborating with other Avanade individuals to secure new client work
- Develop and evolve future focused physical and digital workplace technology strategies and solutions
- Be part of the project delivery teams to deliver the solutions you help shape
- You have prior client-service consulting experience or have been in a role where you have served internal clients as your primary stakeholders
- You take initiative to get work done and also work well in a collaborative teaming environment
- You have demonstrable experience in delivering workplace transformations enabled through Microsoft technology
- Has experience with workplace technology ecosystem strategy and/or business case development across Microsoft 365, Azure, security, and operations architecture as well as the broader workplace ecosystem of products and services
- Has a solid understanding of different methodologies and delivery approaches and their relationship to delivering workplace innovation
- Has proven experience, and a successful history delivering in some or all of the following areas, preferably within the Microsoft ecosystem:
- Workplace technology strategy
- IT Operating Models
- Workplace technology ecosystem modernization
- Workplace automation & AI
- Workplace/ workforce analytics
- Future ways of working/ transforming how work gets done
- Has 5-7 years of demonstrable work experience in the above
- Has earned a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
You’ve got this!