Intern, Security Engineering – Summer 2023 - (Boston & Philadelphia)
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
Do you love living in the Cloud? Do you love Security? So do we. You’re committed to the Cloud and to your colleagues and clients, helping to give them the tools and processes that will transform business as well as ensure their security.
Avanade’s North America Internship Program was built for one purpose: revolutionize the way we design and deliver engaging, connected experiences for our clients and their customers. Through the combination of creative and technology expertise, our digital interns will spend their time creating never-before-seen, radical and exciting solutions to our clients’ biggest business challenges. If you’re interested in having an impact on tomorrow’s digital landscape, then let us know who you are, what you do, and why we’d be crazy not to bring you onboard.
During our 10-week internship program, you will have the opportunity to experience our culture, build your network and apply your education, while gaining real-world experience. You’ll spend your summer taking on a variety of roles with some fun along the way. The experience only lasts the summer but will open up a lifetime of opportunity.
Responsibilities may include:
- Help define and establish IT operations, processes, procedures, and toolsets to manage and maintain client solutions
- Develop, modify, and improve client infrastructure and security solutions
- Support infrastructure security deployment efforts
- Aid change management efforts as directed by senior team members and change specialists
- Support systems integration testing, component integration testing and user acceptance testing
You’re a superb communicator with a passion for security and technology, who can quickly assimilate new information as you face new client environments to help our clients protect their most sensitive and valuable data.
- College Junior-standing with target graduation date between December 20
- Pursuit of a bachelor’s degree in a technology-related discipline
- Creative mind and collaborative spirit
Your skillset and experience likely include:
- Passionate about learning new security technologies
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills
- Ability to excel in a team-oriented, project-based work environment
- Proven leadership experience in an academic, extra-curricular or professional setting
- Strong critical thinking skills, and the ability to think on your feet
- Ability to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Interest in beginning a career in technology security consulting upon receiving your undergraduate degree
You likely have exposure to or familiarity with:
- Infrastructure Microsoft Solutions
- Cloud technologies
- Network Security
- Identity Protection
- Security operations
- Zero Trust
- Defense in Depth
- Cyber Defense
- Incident Detection & Response
- Intrusion Detection
- Vulnerably Management
- Endpoint and Data Protection
- Application Security
Applicants for employment in the US/Canada must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States/Canada
Avanade® Is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information, or any other protected status.