Cyber Defense Consultant
Location: Denver, Colorado, Los Angeles, California, Phoenix, Arizona, Salt Lake City, Utah, San Diego, California, Seattle, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Are you ready to tackle some of the biggest challenges in cybersecurity?
At Avanade, cybersecurity consultants are innovators, risk-takers, and challengers of the status quo. If you’re an experienced Cyber Defense Consultant, who can help our clients solve complex Cyber Defense business challenges, this might be the perfect opportunity for you.
About the Role in Our Security Practice:
In a client-facing consultancy role, you will work on exciting projects that transform our client’s Cyber Defense strategy and operations through the design and implementation of predominantly Microsoft Threat Protection technologies. As a member of our security practice, you will work for both Avanade and
Accenture clients, ranging from medium to large global enterprise clients.
Join a curious and diverse team that’s passionate about next-gen tech and establish yourself as a Leader in the Cyber Defense space. Together, let’s transform cybersecurity.
You are a Cyber Defense Consultant interested in joining our security practice, and are:
● Experienced in consulting and advisory discussions with clients and other consulting firms
● Talented in designing and implementing technology solutions
● Experienced in working with or leading medium to large teams
● Able to collaborate within a large global organization
What We Need:
We are vendor agnostic. However, experience working on the Microsoft platform is preferred along with:
● Proven experience in the design and implementation of Anti-Virus and Endpoint Detection and Response solutions to detect and response to cyber incidents
● Experience protecting email, instant messaging and collaboration platforms from malicious attacks such as Phishing, Spear Phishing, Business Email Compromise and identity theft
● Understanding of user and entity behavioral analytics and how these can be used to defend against identity compromise
● Proven experience of security, incident and event management solutions, their design, implementation, and integration into Security Operations. Azure Sentinel experience is of particular interest
● Relevant experience performing threat hunting across endpoints, identities, networking, cloud and collaboration platforms
● A good understanding of threat modelling, risk and how to mitigate the risks concerning applications, both from internal and external threat actors
● Opportunity to work for Microsoft’s Global Alliance Partner of the Year (17 of the last 22 years)
● Exceptional development and training to help you understand Microsoft's broader Security, Compliance, and Identity (SCI) ecosystem with a minimum 80 hours/year of training and paid certifications
● Avanade University – real-time access to technical and skilled resources globally
● Dedicated career adviser to encourage your progression
● Reward and recognition program
● Full benefits package including medical coverage, income protection policy, extended benefits, bonus program, generous retirement plan, and much more.
Avanade requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Avanade will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement on an individual basis.
Compensation for roles at Avanade varies depending on a wide array of factors including but not limited to the specific office location, role, skill set and level of experience. As required by local law, Avanade provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in California, Colorado, and Washington as set forth below and https://www.avanade.com/en/career/benefits
Washington: (Range $128,000 to $135,000)
California: (Range $128,000 to $135,000)
Colorado (Range $110,000 to $117,000)