Director, D365 Finance and Operations Technical Architect
Location: Chicago, Illinois, Cincinnati, Ohio, Cleveland, Ohio, Columbus, Ohio, Detroit, Michigan, Indianapolis, Indiana, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Job Type: Full time
Do you know how to turn needs into solutions? So, do we.
Clients trust you to solve their problems because you understand what they need – and how to do it. You are your client’s advocate and the ultimate authority on how specific systems, applications or process designs can move their business forward.
You’re a problem solver, knowing the systems, applications and processes that will make a client happy, no matter how complex the IT solution and integrated architecture. You bring expertise and creativity to designing activities and building system prototypes to meet client needs.
About the job
Business and IT don’t always speak exactly the same language. It can be hard for companies to know how IT can help solve their problems and increase profitability. They need you to understand their business and translate their needs into a software solution that will realize results.
You’re proud of your positive and lasting client relationships and the customization and strategies you’ve created to solve their business challenges. You also enjoy mentoring junior colleagues. You’re a highly experienced professional and you’ve probably worked in a relevant field for at least five years. You’re likely to have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in an associated subject.
Your experience will also include:
- Leading large-scale, complex and strategically important projects, utilizing and driving the use of Avanade’s methodology adhering to global standards
- Working with Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations implementations in a development lead role, as well as technical and functional experience
- Developing for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations (F&O), X++ and MorphX Solutions Development, working with an object-oriented development language including .NET, and programming methodologies, structures, and concepts
- Dynamics 365 code & data upgrades, modern integrations
- Establish global ERP architecture by integrating solutions across functional lines
- Support to the sales team in deal shaping. Increases organization effectiveness by identifying opportunities to leverage solutions to other engagements. Accountable for the feasibility and overall estimates
- Translates customer's processes and requirements into an AX solution, including systems integrations and recommended ISV's or best of breed solutions
- Maintains project team accomplishments by establishing and monitoring milestones; communicating essential information; coordinating actions; obtaining expert input; reviewing open issues and action items; contributing information to team meetings and reports
- Prepares clients to use ERP solution by analyzing business and operations changes; re-defining new responsibilities and actions; defining training and re-training programs
- Recommend the right Microsoft Dynamics 365 software and solutions for your clients’ needs
- Ensure that all aspects of a Microsoft Dynamics 365 implementation solution are being addressed and is cohesive across project teams both functionally and technically
- Provide Solution Architecture oversight to your project team, establishing and tracking achievements, coordinating actions, seeking expert advice, handling open issues, and contributing to team meetings and reports
- Define how we measure business and operations success and validate ERP system performance
- Support clients on ERP standards and prepare them for using their ERP solution by setting training programs and redefining new roles and responsibilities
- Grow your network through educational opportunities, building and maintaining your personal and business networks, and joining professional organizations
- Power Platform (including PBI), data migration,
- Testing methodologies and strategies including RSAT
- Industry knowledge preferred in Manufacturing, Retail, and Professional Services
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
- At least 12+ years of relevant work experience with 5+ years in D365F&O solution architecture
- A good understanding of Power Platform technologies
- Agile implementation experience