Future Opportunity - Azure Application Architect
Location: Denver, Colorado, Los Angeles, California, Phoenix, Arizona, Salt Lake City, Utah, Seattle, Washington
Job Type: Full time
RECRUITING FOR THE FUTURE: This posting is for a future job opportunity. To support the needs of our clients, Avanade is actively recruiting and interviewing for the role outlined below, as we continue to build on another year of growth in our business. Now, with more than 60,000 employees around the globe, we are positioning our organization to effectively prepare for the future. What does this mean for you? We encourage you to apply and interview for this role without the need to decide now. This allows you to connect with leaders and hiring managers at a pace that works for you and when roles become available, you will be the first know.
Do you love living in the cloud? So do we!
As an Azure Application Architect at Avanade, you will engage in solutioning and delivering our most strategic projects.
You will have the opportunity to be part of digital transformation while being surrounded by people who are passionate and strategic about building modern applications that using the industry’s leading technologies. You will learn our client’s business, organization, systems, challenges, and goals; then utilize that knowledge to work with a team to deliver exceptional results.
As an Azure Application Architect, you will:
- Build trust with your clients and peers as an enterprise cloud architect and domain expert
- Lead the technical efforts for enterprise-level projects that build and deploy cloud optimized applications in Azure environments
- Architect, design, test and implement cloud applications in both manual and automated manner
- Work closely with client operational resources in updating their on-premises practices to include cloud
- Lead and work in Agile teams using frameworks such as Scrum, Kanban and/or SAFe
- Apply DevOps processes and technologies to automate applications and infrastructure
- Manage a combination of on-shore and off-shore resources
- Work closely with the application, network, and security teams to ensure requirements are reflected appropriately in the Azure design
- Travel to client locations as needed
- You have 5+ years of experience in a lead role where you are responsible for the application architecture
- You have 5+ years of experience in building or running distributed/scalable enterprise applications on any of the recognized Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.)
- You have 5+ years of working with clients to develop a digital transformation roadmap
- You implement Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery, Edge/IoT & solutions that scale globally
- You have migrated on-premises workloads into public cloud
- You are passionate about building best of breed cloud applications using IaaS, PaaS and Serverless technologies that meet or exceed service level availability (SLA) requirements.
- You have implemented compliance controls such as PCI, ISO with Security Center.
- You have conducted cost modeling, migration methodology including discovery solutions & right sizing workloads
- You have implemented application monitoring & integration with IT Service Management
- You have deep experience dealing with cloud workloads, application and infrastructure architecture, data ingestion architecture, data storage and transformations, data analytics, serverless function/application design, micro-services, DevOps
- You are an SME on top of new developments in public cloud technologies who can educate clients
- Preferably, you have one or more of these certifications:
- Microsoft Azure Certified Architect, AWS Certified Architect, Cloud Architecture Certifications
Example experiences- we would love your story to have similar elements:
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Azure or AWS
- Modern architecture and design patterns, including micro-services, anti-corruption, strangler fig, etc.
- DevOps processes and technologies to transform an organization, including security (i.e DevSecOps)
- Containerization: e.g. Docker, containers, Kubernetes, Azure Kubernetes Services, etc.
- Azure Event Hub, Event Grid, and other messaging services or AWS equivalents
- Azure Logic Apps, Functions, Durable Functions and other serverless technologies or AWS equivalents
- Deployment approaches/strategies: e.g. Ring, Blue/Green, Canary, A/B testing, deployment slots, etc.
- Branching strategies: e.g. GitFlow, Github Flow, etc.
- Infrastructure as Code: e.g. ARM, Terraform, Ansible, Bicep, etc.
- Development platforms such as Azure DevOps, Github or Github Enterprise
- Expertise with one or more of the following: C#, Java, Node.js, Python
Benefits We Offer:
- Opportunity to work for Microsoft’s global alliance partner of the year (14 years in a row), with exceptional development and training (minimum 80 hours per year for training and paid certifications)
- Private Medical Coverage, Income Protection Policy, Extended benefits, Bonus, generous pension and much more!
- Avanade University – real-time access to technical and skilled resources globally
- Dedicated career advisor to encourage your progression
- Engaged and helpful coworkers genuinely interested in you
- Reward and Recognition scheme
California: (Range $157,250 to $201,000)
Colorado: (Range $136,000 to $174,000)
Washington: (Range $157,250 to $201,000)