Manager/Group Manager, Technical Advisory (FSI)
Location: Los Angeles, California, Phoenix, Arizona, Portland, Oregon, Redmond, Washington, San Francisco, California, Seattle, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Want to create value with digital and turn your ideas into human impact? So do we.
There’s one in every group—the person who dreams big and has the motivation to bring their ideas to life, even as others might roll their eyes and prefer to play it safe. Are you that person? One who isn’t afraid to break the mold and who gets inspired by the power of digital to transform organizations and ways of working? Because we are building teams of people like that to help our clients unlock the power they need now and own what’s next.
At Avanade Advisory, we are breaking apart the traditional process of setting strategies and goals first, then finding technologies to achieve them. In the digital age, there’s no time for that linear process. We partner with clients to accelerate value from digital innovation by being bold, imaginative – and fast. We think big and deliver personally. We relentlessly challenge, inspire, and support our clients and each other.
Want the agility and energy of a start-up, backed by the resources of Accenture, Microsoft, and the Center for Information Systems Research at MIT Sloan School of Management? Here you will find a team of people who thrive on turning ideas and innovations into breakthrough results for leading organizations around the world. Ultimately, we’re not just making business better. We’re making life better for our clients and their customers. If that sounds like you, you sound good to us. Find your next opportunity at Avanade Advisory.
About the role
Avanade is seeking an experienced technologist to join its Technical Advisory Practice in the West Region, North America, focused on Financial Services Clients, as part of our fast-growing Advisory business. Our Cloud Advisory team works with clients to provide strategic and actionable advice on the adoption of cloud technologies in support of business goals. We develop a deep understanding of our clients’ strategies and constraints within an industry context, and act as a trusted advisor to ensure cloud technologies are adopted, embedded, and optimized to deliver value. We deliver a broad range of advisory engagements, spanning cloud strategy, business case, operating model, and governance change, FinOps, and modernization, to support our clients.
What will you do? For our Financial Services clients, you’ll be responsible for developing and leading impactful advisory engagements. For our business, you will play a key role in maturing our Technical Advisory practice. For our people, you will be an inspirational leader – raising the bar for our team and demonstrating the behaviors we prize. You will have a wealth of experience in technology driven change initiatives in the Financial Services space, with understanding of cloud and digital transformation, and the ability to translate this succinctly into actionable advice and guidance for senior stakeholders, driving meaningful change and impact. You will need to be entrepreneurial, enterprising, and personable, possessing leadership qualities that allow you to assume a critical role in the Advisory Practice with an ability to scale over time.
In this role, you will (Key responsibilities and activities):
In this role you will act as a senior advisor and assist our Financial Services clients in successfully defining their technology and cloud strategy and areas of investment to support business priorities. You will also be a key instrument and accelerator to the growth of our advisory business, contributing to practice development, sales pipeline development and sales growth, and contributing to overall practice maturity. You will be responsible for influencing sales & revenue through development & expansion of client relationships and opportunity origination activities.
Advisory Client Work:
As a successful Group Manager within Avanade Technical Advisory, you will:
- Work with senior Financial Services client stakeholders to identify and capture business and technical goals, priorities, and constraints, acting as a trusted advisor and providing actionable recommendations for the adoption, implementation, and use of cloud technologies to support and accelerate business priorities.
- Support our clients through large and complex technology transformation resulting from strategic business changes and disruptions; assist clients with the realization of Business and IT strategies.
- Drive technical-thought leadership and client engagement for large complex, enterprise clients; proactively sharing knowledge of client / industry pain points and opportunities. You will challenge ideas, bringing in client & competitor insights to improve proposed approaches and strategies.
- Own the development of proposals for new business advisory engagements, from initial requirements gathering, proposal development, commercial modelling, and contract negotiations, collaborating with others and technical SMEs to secure new work.
- Lead multi-disciplined teams for client engagements, acting as a primary point of contact for our clients on large scale and complex advisory engagements – delivering value to our clients, while developing opportunities for follow-on work.
- Act as the commercial owner for client engagements, tracking engagement health across financial measures and client satisfaction.
- Apply project and program management discipline to engagements to ensure delivery to time, budget, and quality.
- Manage and facilitate development of client deliverables, executive summary read-outs, and detail fact-based analyses.
- Monitor technology trends in the Financial Services & FinTech space and raise awareness of capabilities and innovations in selected domains of expertise, including cloud technologies, innovations in cloud-native services, and automation tools.
Practice Development & Growth
As a successful Group Manager, you will contribute to the growth and development of the Technical Advisory Practice. This will include:
- Collaborate and lead on Go to Market (GTM) offering and service creation for clients in the Financial Services sector, from ideation and concept through to development and sales enablement.
- Proactively manage and grow sales pipeline through collaborating with industry aligned sales teams, understanding typical industry challenges and positioning relevant Advisory services and capabilities.
- Play a leading role in business development / sales activities by working closely with account and sales teams to ensure proposition and solution alignment with client needs, pain points, and success.
- Help us to evolve our thinking and points of view on the value and applicability of modern architectures, ways of working, and agile operating models leveraging emerging trends in enterprise technologies for our high-tech clients.
- Mentoring and coaching: mentor and coach colleagues within and outside of the practice to lift and grow the overall maturity of the Advisory business.
- Able to work within a technology services and vendor partner ecosystem, able to position and represent Avanade as an Advisory and Services partner for key partners including Microsoft.
As a successful Group Manager within Technical Advisory, you will bring technology insights to our clients and partners in the Financial Services industry – specifically focused on banking, capital markets, and insurance clients. You will:
- Monitor industry trends and market forces driving change in the industry, able to distill observations into succinct and valuable insights and actionable recommendations.
- Identify and contextualize market conditions and influential factors for our clients, leveraging understanding of buying patterns, customer behavior, new innovations, and trends to inform client discussions and establishing your role and Avanade’s position as a trusted partner for clients in the industry.
- Proactively influence and shape origination efforts, deal propositions, and engagements to deliver value to our clients – addressing not only immediate problems but anticipating future needs and demands.
- Possess broad understanding of technology usage and application within the industry, specifically able to articulate where cloud technologies and emerging innovations are enabling businesses to differentiate and innovate – both in the running of their business and informing the technology products and services delivered to end customers.
- 4+ years of experience in consulting / advisory with a solid focus on cloud technology and digital strategy, CIO Advisory Services and Digital Transformation.
- Expertise and experience with strategic consulting frameworks and financial principles and Experience in leading IT strategy engagements and contributing to sales pursuits and proposal writing.
- Previous experience working on multiple workstreams / engagements in a highly matrixed external client facing environment, with talent management, project management, budget management responsibilities.
- Experience of advising and delivering Applications & Infrastructure projects e.g., CIO strategy & IT strategy, IT operating model, emerging technology transformation or cloud transformation assessments.
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with executive level clients, assessing their goals and objectives and the ability to translate ideas into strategic and practical solution recommendations.
- Ability to translate business requirements and work with solution architects to translate into plausible technical solutions.
- Experience with one or more hyperscale Cloud providers, preferably Microsoft Azure, may also include AWS and GCP, leveraging both IaaS and cloud native services, ideally across modern infrastructure, full stack enterprise application development, data modernization, and modern software engineering.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with clients to establish requirements in non-technical language.
- Certified Microsoft Azure Architect / TOGAF / Zachman Frameworks or equivalent
Compensation for roles at Avanade varies depending on a wide array of factors including but not limited to the specific office location, role, skill set and level of experience. As required by local law, Avanade provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in California, Colorado, and Washington as set forth below and information on benefits offered is here.
Role Location: Range of Starting Pay for role
California: ($170,850 - $251,000)
Colorado: ($147,900 - $205,000)
Washington: ($170,850 - $236,000)
You’ve got this!