Applications for this job have closed. Try searching for similar jobs.
Network Operations Support
Location: Seattle, Washington
Job Type: Full time
The Network Operations Tech (Tier 2) is responsible for end user support tickets and responsible for ensuring critical issues are resolved in a timely manner, meeting service level agreements.
Tier 2 Techs help engineering with testing and office deployments as port of the OS upgrade cycle on all network platforms. They also
participate and support network project-based work. This role is a hands-on technical role in an innovative team that has a strong focus on customer service, goal achievement and integrating NextGen technologies.
- Provide high quality customer service and network related technical support with an emphasis on issue resolution and quality.
- Monitor, analyze, and resolve Network incidents for Avanade’s global network.
- Take ownership of network incidents, service and change requests through to resolution.
- Ensure all tickets are kept updated with current and accurate information.
- Escalate tickets to vendors as needed, work with vendor through to resolution.
- Understand and work within established Service Level Agreements (SLA) to ensure timely response to inbound issues.
- Collaborate with other ITS teams to identify the source of issues through resolution.
- Provide technical assistance to the Global Help Desk as needed.
- Assist with OS updates to all network platforms globally.
- Participate in Network projects, completing assigned tasks
- Help the Engineering team members when requested.
- Continue to improve technical knowledge through on-going training and certifications.
- Participate in on-call support rotation.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
Cisco (IOS) Catalyst Switches, Cisco Nexus 9K Switches, Cisco ISRs, Palo Alto Networks Firewalls, Infoblox, DDI, Aruba Wireless, Aruba Cloud Controllers, Azure, PowerShell, Json, Working with API.
Networking and Cloud support: Azure IAAS, IP Networks, routing (OSPF and/or BGP), firewalls, monitoring, wireless hardware, and highly available technologies.
Experience with: Change Management process, SolarWinds Orion, NCM, System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), and ServiceNow. Experience working with and supporting automated workflows/processes with a basic understanding of languages: Python, Powershell, JSon is a plus.
The ideal candidate has:
- Minimum of 2 years of Network Operations support experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with end users of all skill levels and team members.
- Ability to work variable schedules to include weekends, nights, and day shifts as required.
Preferred certifications: CCNA / CCNP
Benefits We Offer:
- Opportunity to work for Microsoft’s global alliance partner of the year (14 years in a row), with exceptional development and training (minimum 80 hours per year for training and paid certifications)
- Private Medical Coverage, Income Protection Policy, Extended benefits, Bonus, generous pension and much more!
- Avanade University – real-time access to technical and skilled resources globally
- Dedicated career advisor to encourage your progression
- Engaged and helpful coworkers genuinely interested in you
- Reward and Recognition scheme
Compensation for roles at Avanade varies depending on a wide array of factors including but not limited to the specific office location, role, skill set and level of experience. As required by local law, Avanade provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in California, Colorado and Washington as set forth below:
Washington: (Range $114,750 to $135,000)