Principal Long Term Planning
Location: United States
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success
The Planning & Technical team is evolving to meet the needs of our challenging and diverse portfolio of sites as well as the changing external environment in North America. The team provides a variety of services to the Legacy Assets business in the main areas of tailings management, geotechnical management, technical environmental conditions, strategic planning, corporate planning and business development, to create and support our strategies and objectives at both the asset and operations levels.
The position of Principal Long-term Planner reports to Manager of Strategy & Innovation and requires principal level skills and leadership capability. This position will be in Tucson, AZ , with a portfolio of sites across North America.
About the Role
- Lead core activities related to Corporate Alignment Planning, in the mid-range to long-range space, for a specified set of sites in a region or country for the Legacy Assets portfolio.
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally to build the answers to strategic business questions for your portfolio of sites to create the Life of Asset plan, leveraging skills in scenario building, risk analysis, and opportunity framing with your practical experience in closure, environmental remediation or project controls.
- Build relationships within the Legacy Assets teams as well as other BHP teams to include our Centers of Excellence, Project Services, Finance, Risk, and PS&D.
- Support determinations of asset value, Closure and Rehabilitation Provision, and SOX controls for Closure; and support teams completing major deliverables for operations including projects and closure management plans.
- Develop and maintain procedures and governance controls related to core activities; design and facilitate workshops; create presentations and reports; and peer review work product.
- Risk coach for assessments, deep dives, and controls development, as defined by the Legacy Assets Risk Assurance Committee fiscal year Risk Plans.
- Enable teams in the review of spending plans, cash prioritization, and documentation of work priorities.
You successfully completed a technical (environmental, mining, science) or business (finance, accounting, business) related undergraduate degree: broadening postgraduate qualifications will be viewed favourably.
You have greater than 5 years of experience in your field of expertise: roles or secondments supporting specific assets or closure projects within BHP will be viewed favourably.
You relate well with people, build strong working relationships, and embrace diversity of thinking or problem solving.
You are strategic, work well with ambiguity, identify key drivers of value and uncertainty, manage multiple work streams and meet multiple deadlines.
You possess strong critical reasoning skills, grasp technical concepts and maintain attention to detail.
You are able to visit sites across the portfolio in both Canada and the USA.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran