Industrial Maintenance Technician
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Job Type: Full time
CURRENT EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, AND AGENCY PARTNERS:
If you currently work for Brown-Forman, please apply by clicking the Careers icon on the Workday portal.
For best results, use Google Chrome to view this page.Job Description Summary
Brown-Forman is hiring a mechanic to support and work in the Brown-Forman Distillery and Louisville Bottling Operation. The duties of Mechanic include, but are not limited to the following: Preparation, modification, maintenance of plant equipment. Repair breakdowns, preventive maintenance on machines, modify equipment, assist in line operation, and order parts as directed for task inventory.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to lift/push/pull up to 80 lbs; ability to perform range of mobility such as stooping, twisting, climbing, and hand assembly of items. Exposure to heat, cold, moving mechanical hazards; heights. Required to wear steel toed safety shoes (no exceptions); safety glasses/goggles, hair net/hat and earplugs.
The Qualified Mechanic will have demonstrated the necessary aptitude for the work by passing a non-verbal, non-written, task-oriented Selection-Evaluation Program to determine if he or she has the mechanical instinct to perform satisfactorily as an industrial or maintenance mechanic plus a minimum of 5 years experience. He or she will be able to complete for evaluation a skills demonstration exhibiting proficiency in the following areas:
Welding: Shielded metal, Arc (both vertical and overhead) Oxyacetylene; Heliarc, & Mig.
Machine Shop Equipment: Ability to operate a lathe, milling machine, and surface grinder to pre-described specifications as dictated by mechanical print.
Pipe Work: Ability to solder copper piping; thread and install black, brass, and stainless steel piping in a proficient manner. Familiarity with working on steam and condensate systems and piping.
Pumps: Experience and working knowledge of centrifugal, reciprocating and pneumatic pumps including replacement of bearings, diaphragms and mechanical seals, positive displacement, diaphragm.
Hydraulics: Have experience in and a good working knowledge of pumps, motors, valves and cylinders.
Ability to troubleshoot hydraulic systems.
Employee Involvement and Quality Principles: Knowledge of and experience working in a team environment; knowledge of quality system principles.
Packaging Line and Material Handling Equipment: Have experience in troubleshooting and repair of same under production conditions.
Forklift Equipment: Have experience and ability to perform preventive maintenance, repairs and adjustments to lift truck equipment. Ability to operate a forklift, man lifts, and other equipment.
Comfortable working in tight spaces and performing First Aid.
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting pneumatic and hydraulic devices and systems (pumps, valves, piping, etc.)
- Experience with machine shop equipment to include Mills, Lathes, Presses, and Surface Grinders to a prescribed specification as dictated by mechanical print
- Experience with basic welding techniques and metal fabrication, including Mig, Tig, and Stick
- Ability to prepare, modify, maintain plant equipment. Repair breakdowns, preventative maintenance on machines, and modify equipment.
- Experience with threading and installing black and brass pipe in a proficient manner
- Proficiency in use of personal computer
- Ability to work in a team environment and be self-motivated
- Ability to perceive quality of work, read material and review documents; receive instructions
- 5 years experience as a mechanic/machinist working with process manufacturing equipment, strong education and work background in processing or manufacturing equipment troubleshooting, adjustment, repair and controls
- Must be available to work overtime as necessary; must be able to work all shifts
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must pass drug & alcohol screening, Physical Abilities Test, and other testing as required; ability to lift and carry 80 pounds
- Must appreciate and support stringent safety requirements including the use of Personal Protective Equipment, LOTO, etc.
It is a union environment so shift preference is based on seniority. The shifts are 1st: 6:30am-3:00pm (Monday through Friday), 2nd: 2:30pm-11:00pm (Monday through Friday) and 3rd: 10:30pm-7:00AM (Sunday through Thursday).
Starting salary is $29.95 per hour.
Brown-Forman is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment.
Global Job Level:tu
Number of Openings Available:0