Retail Coordinator: Front of House - Old Forester Distillery
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Job Type: Full time
CURRENT EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, AND AGENCY PARTNERS:
If you currently work for Brown-Forman, please apply by clicking the Careers icon on the Workday portal.
For best results, use Google Chrome to view this page.Meaningful Work From Day One
The Old Forester Distillery Retail Coordinator plays a key role in building the brand through the Old Forester Distillery retail experience. Under the direction of the Retail Manager and working closely with the Retail team in the Old Forester Gift Shop, this position involves direct interaction with guests, retail staff, the Guest Services team, homeplace leadership and facilities personnel.
Primarily responsible for all front-of-house activities to include engaging guests through sharing our brand story and educating on our portfolio, handling guest complaints, training staff on products and merchandise, ensuring shelves are stocked, creating gift cards, enforcing the distillery’s premium product policy and resolving any POS system challenges.
What You Can Expect
- Operating under a hospitality-first mindset, create a warm, welcoming and inclusive experience for all guests visiting the store.
- Train retail and guest services team on job responsibilities when working in the gift shop. Training to include, but not limited to how to engage guests, operate the register, restock shelves, accurately describe products and merchandise, and create/redeem gift cards..
- Educate guests and team members on the premium bottle policy and ensure policy standards are enforced and applied consistently.
- Responsible for gift shop gift cards for groups/individuals visiting the distillery.
- Manage and perform the opening and closing procedures of the gift shop.
- Enter retail work orders into the reporting system.
- Balance cash drawers, count and handle cash responsibly and accurately. Make weekly deposits, make change when needed, balance cash drawers, count and handle cash.
- Fully understand and operate the retail POS System (Lightspeed), Cayan credit card processing system and the SVS gift card machine and have the ability to train others. Troubleshoot technology issues as necessary.
- Assist in restocking retail shelves & rotate merchandise.
- Maintain the presentation of the store, keeping it fully stocked and clean.
- Ensure all pricing, signage, and barcodes on the floor are accurate.
- Create appropriate signage for premium bottle and other relevant releases.
- Enter and post daily sales.
- Ensure all state laws regarding alcohol sales are being followed at all times by the team.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures for front-of house retail operations for Retail Manager approval. Consistently review and make recommendations for enhancements and efficiencies to the front-of-house Retail SOPs.
- Assist guests on the sales floor and provide exceptional customer service.
- Discuss and educate visitors on the Old Forester brand, history, and merchandise.
- Strive to meet bottle and general merchandise sales goals
- Discuss the retail/corporate gifting program with visitors
- Readily explain shipping programs to guests.
- Resolve customer issues and questions.
- Knowledgeable of our licenses, laws, rules and policies and ensures all are being adhered to at all times.
- Daily communication of any retail specific information to the rest of the Homeplace team.
- Works with the retail team to remedy customer shipment issues.
- Assists with special events set up and execution when needed.
- Performs related Visitor Center duties as required.
- Serve as Retail Manager on duty as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
We Are Looking For People Who
- A minimum of 2 years of retail experience.
- Highly efficient communicator.
- Must be able to successfully coach and motivate an engaged team.
- Must have basic computer knowledge and ability to learn to operate computerized equipment and systems.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must be physically capable of standing for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry from the ground to waist height up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work any shift and/or overtime as required.
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and overtime as required.
- Must be able to work occasional evening events.
- Physical activity on a regular basis is required
What You Can Add to the Team
- Retail experience in the spirits/ wine industry preferred.
What Sets You Apart
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service.
- Ability to lead by example and demonstrate rules, knowledge of our products, and history.
- Demonstrate customer service skills.
- Able to operate retail software and troubleshoot technology issues.
- Strong math skills.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- High accountability.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
Global Job Level:Cl
Number of Openings Available:1