Manager - Technical Accounting
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Job Type: Full time
CURRENT EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, AND AGENCY PARTNERS:
If you currently work for Brown-Forman, please apply by clicking the Careers icon on the Workday portal.
For best results, use Google Chrome to view this page.
"This role offers the opportunity to use GAAP accounting expertise to ensure Global
Accounting compliance, lead MDA projects, manage corporate accounting, and assist
with SEC external reporting. You will be surrounded by a team of high performing
talented people and have the opportunity to collaborate cross functionally in a company
that exemplifies our core purpose of enriching life and our ambition to be “Nothing
Better in the Market” in everything we do."-Director Corporate Accounting and Analytics,
Meaningful Work From Day One:
Provide technical GAAP guidance and expertise to ensure global compliance with
current accounting standards. Manage financial accounting, analysis, reconciliation, and
reporting with a focus on benefits and compensation, fixed asset, and lease accounting.
Serve as the Lead Accountant on MDA (Mergers, Divestitures & Acquisitions) projects.
Assist the Director of Technical Accounting in preparing 10K/Q reporting and
disclosures. This position will report directly to the Director of Corporate Accounting and
Analytics, and have two direct reports.
What You Can Expect:
● Use GAAP accounting expertise to provide practical guidance to Global Accounting
● Implement new accounting standards and ensure compliance with ASC606 Revenue
Recognition, ASC842 Lease Accounting, and ASC326 CECL.
● Collaboration with regional Controllers to ensure compliance with GAAP, corporate
governance, and policies.
● Manage quarterly balance sheet review process and present results to executive
● Serve as Lead Accountant on MDA (Mergers, Divestitures & Acquisitions) projects
and manage the accounting, process, and business integration subsequent to close.
● Assist the Director of Technical Accounting with 10K/Q reporting and disclosures.
● Create and maintain corporate policies and SOX Controls to ensure compliance with
GAAP and corporate governance. Lead the implementation of new policies and train
● Utilize Brown-Forman systems (such as SAP, BW, Workiva, Google environment,
Tableau and Excel) to retrieve data, produce reports, and analyze results.
● Execute other special projects as needed including research, project management,
presentation to leadership.
● Perform monthly and/or quarterly accounting and reconciliation when more advanced
accounting expertise is required; especially surrounding MDA project implementation
Manage Financial Analyst whose responsibilities include:
● Benefit and compensation Accounting - bonus, stock based compensation,
severance, expat, and pension accounting
● Stock purchase/dividend accounting, EPS calculations
● Risk management, legal and other corporate accounting functions
● Revenue recognition accounting guidance and compliance (ASC 606)
● CECL calculations to estimate and evaluate allowance for doubtful accounts
Manage Lead Fixed Asset Accountant whose responsibilities include:
● Managing all fixed asset transactions including additions, retirements, transfers, and
● Compiles annual capital budget and monitors capex spend vs projections by project.
● Performs lease accounting and disclosures ensuring compliance (ASC 842).
● Collaborates with tax to ensure optimal tax depreciation benefits.
What Exactly Are We Looking For:
Education: College/University (Bachelors or Equivalent); Accounting or Finance
Certifications: CPA required
● Minimum 7 years of experience in public accounting and/or industry
● Technical GAAP accounting expertise
● Expertise in US GAAP and the ability to translate complex standards into practical
● Thorough understanding of financial statements and how they interact
What Makes You Unique:
● Preferred MDA accounting experience
● Preferred benefits and compensation accounting experience
● Superior attention to detail with focus on accuracy, yet able to rise above the details to
tell the story
● Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
● Ability to communicate and present in a clear and concise manner; in both verbal and
● Self-motivated to work independently and manage multiple projects within tight
● Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Excel and Google Office applications
Global Job Level:L3
Number of Openings Available:1