Homeplace Manager - Old Forester Distillery
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Job Type: Full time
CURRENT EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, AND AGENCY PARTNERS:
If you currently work for Brown-Forman, please apply by clicking the Careers icon on the Workday portal.
For best results, use Google Chrome to view this page.
Meaningful Work From Day One
The Old Forester Distillery Homeplace Manager plays a key role in the marketing and management of the Old Forester Distillery Visitor Experience. This position will be responsible for ensuring the guest experience meets Brand direction and exceeds the expectations of all visitors. This role will lead a large team including salaried, hourly and agency employees whose focus is on providing a unique and super premium brand experience for guests of the Old Forester Distillery. The role will be heavily involved with goal setting, using analytics to improve operations and measure performance. The Homeplace Manager will maintain and operate a safe, responsible and compliant environment for our guests and employees. The Homeplace Manager will foster excellent team morale and an inclusive culture for our employees across the operation as well as a one-team approach with our brand and production partners.
What You Can Expect:
Leads, guides and directs the activities associated with crafting a one of a kind guest experience for our consumers, trade, buy the barrel, media and VIP guests at the Old Forester Distillery. This role is responsible for providing operational oversight of our entire Visitor Experience including our Guest Services Tour & Tasting Experiences, the Retail Operation, Bar Program, Buy the Barrel Selection Program, and Trade/Media/VIP Experiences. The role will partner on development and oversight of the Direct to Consumer and e-Commerce business. The Homeplace Manager seeks ways to identify and implement synergies between all Visitor Experience departments. This role will work closely with the US & Mexico Homeplace Director to implement both long and short term operational strategic plans for the overall success of the Homeplace and ensure brand homeplace goals are met on an annual basis.
● Operating under a hospitality-first mindset, create a warm, welcoming and inclusive experience for all guests.
● Develop annual goals and objectives for each area of the Old Forester Distillery Visitor Experience in collaboration with the US & Mexico Homeplace Director. Establish and communicate monthly KPIs for all areas of the Visitor Experience.
● Manage budgets; develop project plans for capital projects in partnership with the US & Mexico Homeplace Director.
● Manages the daily operation of the Old Forester Distillery Visitor Experience, providing operational oversight, direction and support for all departments: Guest Services Tour & Tasting Experiences, Retail Operation, Bar Program, Buy the Barrel Selection Program and Trade/Media/VIP Experiences. Partners on development and oversight of the Direct to Consumer and e-Commerce business.
● Directly responsible for the overall management, budget, and strategy of the Guest Services Department.
● Communicate all Visitor Experience activities across departments on a regular basis, including planning and operational changes. Seek to drive synergies in the guest experience across departments and maintain alignment with brand strategy and homeplace strategic plan.
● Oversees the development of unique tours and elevated experiences to incorporate into existing tour portfolio to enhance and diversify the visitor experience and encourage return visits to the Old Forester Distillery.
● Leverage Homeplace analytics tools to track performance, identify opportunities and make data driven decisions. Provide an overview to the Director of Homeplace USA & Mexico on a monthly and quarterly basis regarding on-going operational staffing, ticket, retail, and bar revenue performance and variances to the budget. Tracks daily visitor counts and manages visitor count reporting.
● Responsible for the online booking program, credit card/cash management process and serves as the primary point of contact with the online booking software provider.
● Oversees staffing needs, interviews prospective candidates and makes hiring decisions.
● Builds and maintains a strong team culture, embodying our Brown-Forman core values to create an environment of caring, respect and inclusion. Provides coaching, training and professional development on an ongoing basis for the entire Old Forester Visitor Experience team.
● Maintains current and accurate Old Forester Distillery Homeplace employee onboarding and training manuals incorporating new information and procedures on a regular basis.
● Responsible for working with and communicating with third party staffing agencies and partners.
● Develops and implements Visitor Experience policies and procedures across all departments within the Visitor Experience operation.
● Responsible for communication of the day to day activity with on-site production teams.
● Responsible for communication with brand IMC partners to update website and social media channels as needed.
● Works with brand, IMC and public relations to support brand and PR initiativies and plans as they pertain to the homeplace.
● Collaborates with IMC Center of Excellence and Brand IMC to develop annual media plan to reach homeplace objectives.
● Develops and maintains strong partnerships with tourism partners and industry associations.
● Manages and properly maintains the facility and is directly responsible for the day to day communication with JLL facilities management team.
● Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
● Bachelor’s Degree in related field and minimum 5-7 years experience in business, hospitality, tourism, retail, and/or related field; or appropriate combination of education and experience in these disciplines.
● Outstanding oral and written communication skills
● Proven experience leading and managing large teams
● Demonstrated skills and ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with people at all levels including internal and external; management groups, sales, marketing; wholesalers, retailers, vendors, industry and tourism partners.
● Extensive knowledge of the Old Forester brand, production process and product portfolio.
● Must have good knowledge of safety and security policies of the Old Forester Distillery in relation to media requests; specific understanding of areas of sensitive and dangerous components.
● Must be compliant with TTB rules and any other government or company regulations in areas of responsibility and required licenses.
● Ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays as needed.
● Ability to lead in a team based environment and manage all relationships within the Old Forester Homeplace, Brand team, Production Team and Brown-Forman internal and external partners.
● Strong communication, problem solving and decision making skills.
● Proven leadership managing multiple employee types with strong skills including coaching, directing, and providing feedback.
● Ability to develop and implement key strategies with US and Mexico Homeplace Director to attain annual Key Performance Indicators
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
● Post graduate degree (Master’s Degree in Business or a hospitality-related field of study).
● Consumer brand homeplace experience.
● Knowledge of the Brown-Forman organization and its business.
Global Job Level:L3
Number of Openings Available:1