Senior Event Planner - Corporate (Remote Work Opportunity)
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Chicago, Illinois, Cincinnati, Ohio, Indianapolis, Indiana, Louisville, Kentucky, Nashville, Tennessee
Job Type: Full time
CURRENT EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, AND AGENCY PARTNERS:
If you currently work for Brown-Forman, please apply by clicking the Careers icon on the Workday portal.
For best results, use Google Chrome to view this page.
*We are considering remote candidates who are based in Eastern and Central time zones*
Meaningful Work From Day One:
The Senior Event Planner provides effective project management and meeting/event planning services for Corporate Events (approximately 30-45 events per year). This position obtains meeting services at the lowest reasonable cost while maintaining the highest possible standards. This position serves as a brand building liaison to vendors in order to strengthen relationships and increase brand placements and as an ambassador to clients and guests. In addition to directly managing high level meetings and events, this position also offers coaching and innovative suggestions for other event planners and directly oversees the work of the Corporate Event Planner.
What You Can Expect:
● Consults with internal clients to ascertain meeting/event needs. Assists in determining objectives, budget, goals and program components.
● Researches and recommends meeting locations based on meeting goals, budget, attendee needs, availability of transportation, strength of Brown-Forman accounts and other considerations.
● Travels as needed during site selection process and event execution.
● Coordinates meeting logistics including transportation, hotel accommodations, meeting spaces, meals, entertainment, and audio-visual production. These events will include high level/VIP events, including, but not limited to, Board of Directors, ELT and Brown family.
● Works closely to ensure that meetings and events are related to the strategic direction of the company and the Brown-Forman brand.
● Attends meetings and events to oversee and coordinate arrangements when needed or requested by clients.
● Builds and maintains positive relationships with meeting suppliers and industry contacts worldwide. Promotes our brands with meeting suppliers including hotels, restaurants, bars and conference facilities. Alerts sales department to placement opportunities.
● Maintains working knowledge of the meeting planning industry and its current trends. Achieves this through involvement with associations, networking with other planners/vendors and reading and comprehension of industry news and publications.
● Works with Risk Management to assure proper insurance and protection is in place for meetings.
● Maintains a solid working knowledge of B-F brands, homeplaces and the corporation.
● Reviews all invoices after events, corrects if necessary, and then processes timely payment of final charges. Budget reporting to clients as requested before, during and after events. On-going tracking system for generating reports using CitiManager on-line resources.
● Keeps the Master Event Planning Calendar up-to-date with personal assignments
● Special projects and additional assignments as requested.
● Leads the performance management and development of the Corporate Events Planner, and offers coaching, mentoring and innovative suggestions for all event planners, as well as best practice and educational training.
We Are Looking For People Who:
● Minimum of 5 years experience in hotel catering/conference planning or corporate event planning.
● Proven track record arranging meetings up to 150 people in size, and complicated meetings/special events/projects.
● Demonstrated ability to work on multiple tasks with multiple deadlines in a fast paced environment.
● Effective communicator with the ability to interface with all levels of management, both internal and external.
● Positive attitude and willingness to learn.
● Computer skills, with experience in Google Suite, SpotMe and Streamyard preferred.
● Ability to work extended hours, as needed.
● Ability to travel (domestic and international), as needed.
● Ability to work in a high pressure, deadline oriented, team environment.
● Ability to work independently, with minimum supervision.
What Makes You Unique:
● Bachelor of Science/Arts degree emphasizing hotel and/or restaurant administration or meeting/event planning.
● Previous experience managing one or more direct reports
● Certified Meeting Professional designation.
● Experience in the bourbon and/or alcohol beverage industry.
Nothing Better in the Market:
Total Rewards at Brown-Forman is designed to engage our people to ensure sustainable and profitable growth for generations to come. As a premium spirits company, we offer premium and equitable pay. We offer a range of premium benefits that reflect our company values and meet the needs of our diverse workforce. We are dedicated to creating a responsible drinking culture, providing a safe, inclusive, and engaging workplace, protecting the environment, and making a positive contribution to our communities.
Locations considered for this opening:
B-F Headquarters office in Louisville, KY
B-F Regional office in Atlanta, GA or Dallas, TX
Locations in Eastern and Central time zones for a remote work from home set-up
This position is posted with multiple locations, you only need to apply to one of the postings to be considered for all locations and/or the remote work option.
B-F can employ a remote worker in the majority of the states in the US, however if you are located in one of the following states, relocation would be required. VT, RI ,CT ,NJ ,DE ,WI ,MN, ND, SD, NE, KS, OK, LA, MS, NM, AZ, UT, OR, AK, HI
Global Job Level:L2
Number of Openings Available:1