Whiskey Experience Team – Operations Team Member - 1st Shift
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Job Type: Full time
CURRENT EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, AND AGENCY PARTNERS:
If you currently work for Brown-Forman, please apply by clicking the Careers icon on the Workday portal.
For best results, use Google Chrome to view this page.The Old Forester Distillery is an interactive, consumer experience designed to showcase the craftsmanship and authenticity of Old Forester, America’s first bottled bourbon. We will give our consumers a look into how Old Forester comes to life and each team member will be responsible for ensuring the integrity and authenticity of this experience as they interact with our consumers throughout their visit of our Homeplace.
This role will be part of the operational team that will showcase the craftsmanship and authenticity of Old Forester while also playing an active role in what will be a highly engaging consumer and visitor experience.
The scope of this role is to work within a high performing team to ensure daily equipment operation in the areas of distilling, processing, bottling, and coopering, with a focus on producing high quality, on-time and cost-efficient products. Each of the areas are part of the tour and team members will interact with visitors in an engaging way. Each team member will assist in the development and on-going monitoring of quality and productivity measures for key performance indicators. Each will be responsible for a proactive approach toward creating and maintaining safe work conditions and practices.
- Ability to interact with visitors as needed to showcase the craftsmanship and authenticity of Old Forester in a positive, engaging style.
- Contribute to a positive team atmosphere.
- Operates all equipment used in distilling, processing, bottling, and coopering operations and is able to describe activities to tour visitors.
- Adhere to all safety and sanitation requirements.
- Operates and maintains equipment for barrel raising, toasting, charring, heading, hooping, testing, and filling barrels.
- Monitors and makes all needed adjustments to operate one still each day.
- Monitors fermentation process to verify that proper temperatures, times, and proper sequences are maintained.
- Operates reverse osmosis water purification system, chiller, pumps, compressors, heat exchangers and boilers.
- Operates and maintains equipment to re-gauge, filter, and verify proof of whiskey in an efficient and timely manner preparatory to analysis and adjusts whiskey to meet ISO standards and BATF regulations
- Will use instruments such as hydrometers, thermometers, density meters, colorimeters, and turbidity meters.
- Operates all equipment on the bottling line as well as prepares and inspects filled whiskey bottles for packing and shipping.
- Will load and unload bulk whiskey for shipments and complete related SAP transactions.
- Monitors water supplies to assure adequate supply for needed production and fire protection.
- Maintains logs and records for procedures, raw materials, and product.
Must Requirements (including any physical requirements):
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact and engage with consumers.
- 2 years previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- Highly proficient in communicating with impact and influence.
- Experience working within a high performing work team i.e. working in an environment where there is a shared understanding and accountability of the vision, goals and metrics which in turn promotes teamwork and collaboration to accomplish tasks/results.
- Basic computer knowledge and ability to learn to operate computerized equipment and systems.
- Must have good eye/hand coordination and manual dexterity in order to manipulate cartons, bottles, stickers, labels and other production supplies.
- Able to complete accurate records and reports.
- Able to calibrate, read and operate a variety of complex lab instruments and gauges.
- Able to enter data and generate reports using a computer.
- Willing to train and upgrade skills as necessary.
- High school diploma or GED
- Full body mobility and the ability to move about in a production environment to include: Bending, squatting, stooping, pushing, pulling, climbing and twisting on an occasional basis.
- Lifting and carrying from the ground to waist height up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis and pushing/pulling up to 80 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to work any shift and/or overtime as required.
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and overtime as required.
- Previous distilling experience.
- Minor maintenance of equipment experience.
- SAP systems knowledge
- Understanding of TTB compliance and regulations
- Experience with TPM tools and success running Continuous Improvement teams
- Be Courageous: Decision Making, Managing Through Ambiguity, Personal Initiative
- Be Collaborative: Building Productive Relationships, Influencing Others.
- Be Creative: Innovation, Continuous Improvement Mindset
- Be a Champion: Functional/Technical Expertise
Global Job Level:M
Number of Openings Available:0