State Manager - OK
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Job Type: Full time
CURRENT EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, AND AGENCY PARTNERS:
If you currently work for Brown-Forman, please apply by clicking the Careers icon on the Workday portal.
For best results, use Google Chrome to view this page.
What You Will Experience
- Monitor business performance of team through frequent engagement, standardized performance reviews, and personal development plans
- Ensure local team remains clear on objectives and prioritization of those objectives
- Serve as coach and leader to Oklahoma team, ensuring they progress in their roles, preparing them for future opportunities
Planning & Analysis
- Manage and build brand sales/marketing plans and budgets to meet or exceed the net sales targets developed and approved by GM and Region Director
- Leads strategic business decisions within the State
- With the support of the GM, Operations and Finance team; build and communicate the brand commercial plans to Distributor Leadership - agree on objectives, targets, priorities and budgets
- Lead pricing strategies. Must be able to plan based on long term outlook.
- Analyze and plan channel business; chain, independent and on-premise, casino for the state
- Lead evaluation and adjustment to plans based on performance and success in the market
- Monitor and communicate competitive, consumer and pricing activity and make changes or recommendations to GM, TFM and TOM
- Serves as a local conduit for implementation and evaluation of all NRA programming and execution
- Leads TPS review meetings with distributors
Distributor & Agency Management
- Serves as the primary contact with distributor leadership
- Collaborates with distributor General Sales Managers & Managing Directors for oversight of business management and execution
- Responsible for the execution of all Oklahoma commercial and chain plans with the distributor team, and holding them accountable to agreed upon targets/goals
- Monitors and measure performance of all distributor activities that affect BF brands
- Reconciliation and consistent management of Oklahoma distributor investment, brand spending and brand activity support
What Exactly Are We Looking For?
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5-7 years sales experience (Beverage Alcohol Industry preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and maintain effective working relationships with distributors and accounts and all internal stakeholders.
- Excellent manager and developer of people: demonstrated commitment to providing regular, constructive feedback to business partners; demonstrated coaching ability; ability to objectively assess both skills and potential.
- Demonstrated knowledge of on- and off-premise business and three-tier distribution system
- Team leader: Able to build and sustain effective, results-producing teams, within the state, across business functions, and with business partners.
- Action-oriented: Responds in a timely and effective manner to business issues and opportunities.
- Highly organized: capable of meeting multiple deadlines and juggling multiple projects.
- Literate with word processing programs (such as Word), spreadsheet programs (such as Excel), and presentation programs (such as PowerPoint).
- Must be able and willing to travel (by air and car) up to 30% of the time.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Must be able to work weekends and nights as needed to perform responsibilities of the job including brand activations and marketing initiatives.
- Must have valid state driver’s license.
Global Job Level:L2
Number of Openings Available:1