Lead Financial Analyst - Brand Analytics (Remote Work Opportunity)
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, Ontario, California, United States
Job Type: Full time
CURRENT EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, AND AGENCY PARTNERS:
If you currently work for Brown-Forman, please apply by clicking the Careers icon on the Workday portal.
For best results, use Google Chrome to view this page.
*This position is open to remote candidates in the USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Colombia, or Chile.*
Meaningful Work From Day One:
This position functions as the data analytics professional primarily for global brand leadership and the brand analytics group. The position’s primary responsibilities support areas such as pricing strategy, portfolio expansion, resource allocation, marketing effectiveness, competitive analysis, business performance management, and brand remedial plans. The successful candidate will help develop and support brand growth strategies through developing strong analytic tools, applications, and support analyses with the goal of constantly improving brand or region performance. The person in this position is expected to be available throughout the day in eastern standard time as this position will be a key partner supporting the Jack Daniel’s Brand Analytics team on critical global projects and driving the adoption and utilization of new advanced analytics approaches and techniques
What You Can Expect:
Business Analytical Support
● Financial Performance Analysis: Proactively identify opportunities for business value improvement; analyze problem areas and help identify solutions.
● Portfolio Strategy Support: Work with business and finance leadership on ad hoc projects to support the development of global brand and commercial priorities by category and/or segment to help influence long term strategy, media investment allocation and annual business planning processes.
● Provide analytical tool leadership in the development in these areas to support global portfolio strategy, resource allocation recommendations, competitive analysis, pricing strategy and overall business analysis.
● Geographic and Portfolio Expansion: Provide analytical tool leadership to identify and analyze growth opportunities for market expansion and portfolio development.
● Responsible for the global rollup of the DPP demand forecast for the Jack Daniel’s portfolio, twice per year. This will require developing a robust and flexible financial model, identifying trends and insights, and managing stakeholder alignment. Assess advanced analytics techniques to improve forecast accuracy.
Data Visualization & Tool Application Development
● Design, Implement, and Support Business Intelligence reporting using advanced data visualization and analytics tools, with a specific focus in Tableau.
● Design and build publication-ready data visualizations using diverse sets of structured and unstructured data.
● Monitor and resolve performance issues specific to dashboard development and delivery.
● Lead the development of the brand teams visualization techniques.
● Work closely and collaboratively with teams to ensure alignment of views on brand performance, new product development strategy and initiatives and the overall approach on portfolio planning and analysis.
● Provide thought leadership on new areas of communicating and/or analyzing
Cross-Functional Partnerships & Influence:
● Work with the Data Science Team and other members within the Global Analytics group to apply advanced analytic models and techniques to address business issues and identify business opportunities.
● Strategize in collaboration with functional teams to identify data-driven solutions to ongoing needs across the organization.
● Consolidate and integrate brand information across functions (e.g., consumer, trade, financial) into meaningful insights about brand performance and potential opportunities and communicate to extended brand team members any implications for brand and market strategies.
● Work in tandem with the Advanced Analytics team to develop distributed computing capabilities to handle large-scale data storage and computation, and deployment of such a platform for analytical purposes.
● Strategize in collaboration with finance and marketing teams to identify data-driven solutions to ongoing needs across the organization.
● Serve as a strategic thought partner to the global marketing teams and finance leadership.
● Utilize influential communication skills to provide recommendations on potential analytical solutions based on business requests and needs.
● Act as an advocate for the adoption of advanced analytics in the organization. Drive adoption and utilization of developed tools through relationships with business partners and through ongoing training.
● Move forward multiple projects by employing project management techniques.
● Exhibit overall effective communication skills in order to collaborate across all business stakeholders.
We Are Looking For People Who:
● A Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Business or other business-related degree; 5+ years related business and/or financial experience (commercial, brand and/or consumer-based analysis).
● Fluent in English language, both written and verbal
● Demonstrated business acumen
● Proactive self – starter with the intellectual curiosity to go looking for relevant questions to be answered
● Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in financial modeling and analysis
● Demonstrated ability to lead projects with cross-functional teams to meet consensus goals.
● Demonstrated oral and written communication skills with ability to discuss financial strategies and translate into actionable plans
● Team contributor who puts the success of the group ahead of personal ambitions
● Exhibit the intellectual integrity and professional maturity to provide management with objective and impartial analysis
● Ability to independently plan and prioritize multiple diverse work projects within the department
● Demonstrated ability and knowledge of various software packages, particularly Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and SAP.
● Extensive experience with Tableau, including proven record of driving adoption
● Extensive expertise in analyzing large, complex, multi-dimensional datasets with a variety of tools, and accomplished in the use of statistical analysis environments
● Demonstrated ability to work independently.
● Understanding of both structured and unstructured data, the benefits of both, and when / how to apply them.
● Experience applying statistical concepts and knowledge to real-world applications.
What Makes You Unique:
● MA/MS or MBA with specialty in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or related fields; 2+ years commercial analytics experience, preferably within the Beverage Alcohol industry
● Previous knowledge with retail takeaway data such as Nielsen and IRI.
● Experience with RStudio Server Pro, RStudio Connect, and using RMarkdown for creation of deliverables.
Nothing Better in the Market:
Total Rewards at Brown-Forman is designed to engage our people to ensure sustainable and profitable growth for generations to come. As a premium spirits company, we offer premium and equitable pay. We offer a range of premium benefits that reflect our company values and meet the needs of our diverse workforce. We are dedicated to creating a responsible drinking culture, providing a safe, inclusive, and engaging workplace, protecting the environment, and making a positive contribution to our communities.
Locations considered for this opening:
B-F Headquarters office in Louisville, KY
B-F Regional office in Atlanta, GA or Dallas, TX or Irvine, CA
Locations across the US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Columbia, or Chile for a remote work from home set-up
This position is posted with multiple locations, you only need to apply to one of the postings to be considered for all locations and/or the remote work option.
B-F can employ a remote worker in the majority of the states in the US, however if you are located in one of the following states, relocation would be required. VT, RI ,CT ,NJ ,DE ,WI ,MN, ND, SD, NE, KS, OK, LA, MS, NM, AZ, UT, OR, AK, HI
Global Job Level:L1
Number of Openings Available:1