Legal Executive Assistant and Project Support Specialist
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Job Type: Full time
CURRENT EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, AND AGENCY PARTNERS:
If you currently work for Brown-Forman, please apply by clicking the Careers icon on the Workday portal.
For best results, use Google Chrome to view this page.
Meaningful Work From Day One:
Provides a high level of administrative support to the office of the VP Associate General Counsel - Regional and Corporate Secretary and the SEC, Governance and Regional team. Works with legal leadership providing basic paralegal and/or other legal support as it relates to corporate governance and SEC responsibilities, special projects, and initiatives. The nature of the work includes managing multiple large-scale projects at any given time, while also managing cyclical and day-to-day work. Heavy workload, frequent interruptions, and short
deadlines are common, requiring a need to prioritize and remain flexible, efficient, and focused. Serves as an important communications liaison between the Legal Department and other functional areas at Brown-Forman.
Interacts daily with all levels of the Corporation. Extensively coordinates and executes travel plans, schedules, manages calendar and email, and arranges meetings. Much of the work is confidential, so discretion is required.
What You Can Expect:
● Provide administrative support, including managing files, drafting of correspondence, preparation of documents, and Excel spreadsheets and presentations.
● Coordinates meeting schedules and activities involving internal and external individuals, groups, and organizations.
● Field and document Brown-Forman securities transaction pre-clearance requests; prepare and file Section 16 reports with the SEC.
● Prepares and distributes quarterly blackout notices; maintain lists of employees subject to blackout.
● Administratively assist with annual proxy statement filings; draft annual D&O
● Secures and confirms travel arrangements and hotel accommodations, adhering to travel policies. Communicates with travel agencies.
● Handles and processes complex, sensitive, and confidential correspondence.
● Assist in the preparation of presentations and other material.
● Maintains/continually updates business calendar for VP Associate General Counsel.
● Maintains files, handles incoming and outgoing mail, phones, and ensures office supplies are stocked and easily accessible.
● Audits Expense Reports and reconciles discrepancies with Corporate Accounting. Performs expense entry and tracking.
● Perform research as needed: ex, statistics on corporate governance.
● Draft and maintain form documents.
● Performs special projects for the department as required.
We Are Looking For People Who:
● Minimum of five years serving in an administrative office role (preferably supporting Executive Leadership) and/or as a corporate paralegal
● Significant legal administrative support, organizing and completing multiple projects with limited direction.
● Demonstrated ability to work in a self-managed environment with a high degree of initiative and inquisitiveness.
● Excellent oral and written communications skills, ability to clearly and tactfully respond to inquiries and composes routine correspondence and presentations as directed.
● Ability to independently organize and prioritize workload to ensure completion within designated time frames.
● Excellent organizational skills, including project management and planning.
● Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative, good judgment, discretion, and maturity in response to requests for data, issue resolutions and the ability to handle confidential information and documents.
● Advance computer skills with high proficient knowledge of multiple software packages including the Microsoft and Google suite of office software.
● Flexibility to work extended hours.
● Excellent interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships
● Willingness and ability to learn and utilize new skills
● Strong attention to detail.
Global Job Level:P5
Number of Openings Available:1