Market Manager Emerging Brands - Chicago
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States
Job Type: Full time
CURRENT EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, AND AGENCY PARTNERS:
If you currently work for Brown-Forman, please apply by clicking the Careers icon on the Workday portal.
For best results, use Google Chrome to view this page.
" This role provides the opportunity to be a local leader of a high potential and exciting family of Brands that are the future of Brown Forman’s portfolio. This role delivers empowerment to motivate and influence all facets of the Spirits Industry business: The Trade, Agency Partners, Distributors, Media and Consumers with tools like unique 360 Program Execution, Brand Education, Advocacy and Handselling."- Region Manager
Meaningful Work From Day One:
Responsibilities: Trade Development – 40%
● Develops rapport and personally calls on targeted on-premise & off-premise accounts. Must maintain and actively work the targeted account list.
● “Hand Sells” assigned portfolio of brands to targeted gatekeepers (retailers, bar owners/managers, and bartenders) ● Conducts wait staff training and coordinates brand education seminars in target accounts to create advocacy for B-F brands
● Secures B-F priority brand visibility, menus, and features in targeted accounts
Market Planning & Evaluation – 20%
● Working with Emerging Brands Regional Manager, State Manager, Operations Manager, and Field Marketing Managers, develops market plan for target accounts
● Works with distributor channel manager to set goals and tracking for distributor sales teams
● Serves as local “thought leader” for B-F Emerging Brands initiatives in market
● Monitors assigned B-F portfolio brand performance with the expectation of exceeding market segment trends. Reviews local market performance monthly and make recommendations on how to improve performance.
● Participates in on-going planning meetings with internal and external stakeholders as required
● Manages and maintains budget of T&E and TMF to within ~ 2%
Training & Coaching – 40%
● Responsible for training the distributor craft, off premise and on premise teams on assigned B-F brands and their competitive set.
● Responsible for formal work-withs in the market with distributor sales teams a minimum of 5 days per month. This is in addition to your independent time in the market where you may encounter distributor reps on an ad-hoc basis.
● Completes ride-with contact report and works with distributor Division Manager and copies RSM and State Manager on continuous improvement.
● Serves as B-F commercial team segment expert and coordinates training activities across the local B-F team.
What Exactly Are We Looking For:
● Bachelor’s degree plus at least 3 years industry sales experience or equivalent education/experience combination.
● Demonstrated ability to build relationships and maintain effective working relationships with distributors, accounts, and all internal stakeholders
● Demonstrated knowledge of three-tier distribution system
● Team player: Able to put the needs of the overall Brown-Forman business above the specific needs of the territory or team. Seeks out opportunities to collaborate with leaders in other channels and territories. Keeps relevant parties informed of activity and seeks similar behavior from the area team
● Ability to work some evenings and weekends as required, 20-25%. Overnight travel, 10-15%.
● Proficient with Google Suite (Sheets, Docs, Slides) and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) ● Must have valid state driver’s license
● Physical ability to lift 60 pounds
Global Job Level:P6
Number of Openings Available:0