Senior Security Engineer (Remote Work Opportunity)
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Job Type: Full time
CURRENT EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, AND AGENCY PARTNERS:
If you currently work for Brown-Forman, please apply by clicking the Careers icon on the Workday portal.
For best results, use Google Chrome to view this page.
Meaningful Work From Day One:
IT Security Team is responsible for the implementation and administration of information security policies, practices, procedures, and technologies in order to ensure the protection of access, applications, data, networks, platforms, systems, and users.
What You Can Expect:
This position is a senior security engineer role that will support the implementation and administration of information security policies, procedures, and technologies to ensure the protection of networks, systems, applications, and data. This position will partner with both business and IT personnel to implement security solutions consistent with the Engineering and Architecture strategy. In addition, this role will deliver the highest level of support to Brown-Forman's mission critical systems and security infrastructure.
- Intermediate understanding of IT Security functions and processes
- Intermediate knowledge of IT security frameworks like NIST, ISO/IEC 27001 & 27002
- Intermediate knowledge of IT security regulations like GDPR, FISMA, PCI, SOX
- Identify security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and propose mitigation
- Identify and escalate risks associated with business processes, operations, information security programs and technology projects, as well as, provide suggestions and options for remediation of the identified risk
- Identify and communicate current and emerging security threats in addition to how they might affect the organization
- Recommend and assist in the design of security architecture elements to mitigate threats as they emerge
- Assist in the design, build, and implementation of enterprise-class security systems for a production environment. Utilize quad charts to describe the problem/project, risks/benefits, different options, as well as the forecasted funding required
- Recommend & assist in creating/improving processes/solutions that balance business requirements with information and cyber security requirements
- Be an IT Security advocate for security awareness/training, security controls, security processes and most importantly IT Security perception
- Align standards, frameworks and security with overall business, technology strategy and regulatory compliance
- Use knowledge of current security trends and understanding of emerging security practices to assist with the development of the security strategy
- Develop relationships with cross-functional teams & begin to influence a security mindset in overall information technology strategy via respect & trust
- Intermediate application of Governance & Risk Management security practices
- New tasks, assignments, and projects require little instructions (Intermediate Project Management understanding)
Provide 2nd/3rd level support and triage on security related issues
IT Security Components (Intermediate Knowledge):
- Active Directory
- Vulnerability Management
We Are Looking For People Who
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree within a related area of study.
- Work experience accepted in lieu of education Certifications in security related areas preferred (e.g., MCSE, CRISC, etc.)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in IT Security or related field
Nothing Better in the Market:
Total Rewards at Brown-Forman is designed to engage our people to ensure sustainable and profitable growth for generations to come. As a premium spirits company, we offer premium and equitable pay. We offer a range of premium benefits that reflect our company values and meet the needs of our diverse workforce. We are dedicated to creating a responsible drinking culture, providing a safe, inclusive, and engaging workplace, protecting the environment, and making a positive contribution to our communities.
Locations considered for this opening:
B-F Headquarters office in Louisville, KY
B-F Regional office in Atlanta, GA or Dallas, TX or Irvine, CA
Locations across the US for a remote work from home set-up
This position is posted with multiple locations, you only need to apply to one of the postings to be considered for all locations and/or the remote work option.
B-F can employ a remote worker in the majority of the states in the US, however if you are located in one of the following states, relocation would be required. VT, RI ,CT ,NJ ,DE ,WI ,MN, ND, SD, NE, KS, OK, LA, MS, NM, AZ, UT, OR, AK, HI
Global Job Level:P6
Number of Openings Available:1