Occupational Nurse - BFDO/Main Campus
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Job Type: Full time
CURRENT EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, AND AGENCY PARTNERS:
If you currently work for Brown-Forman, please apply by clicking the Careers icon on the Workday portal.
For best results, use Google Chrome to view this page.Meaningful Work From Day One
The Occupational Nurse will have the unique opportunity to support employees in a dynamic working setting on a beautiful corporate campus. This opportunity will provide the Occupational Nurse the chance to work collaboratively. Our culture on Campus is to foster Personal Growth, Collaboration, Teamwork, Self-Initiative and Problem Solving in a Respectful and Safe Environment where every employee has a high degree of Self-Awareness, Accountability, Credibility, Confidentiality, Integrity, and Professional Ethics.
Responsible for providing occupational health services including certified medical services, first aid and emergency response to approximately 1000 full time Brown-Forman employees both production and corporate on a regular basis and as needed to visitors. Assist with internal case management
programs; facilitate claim settlements/lawsuits for workers compensation claims. Develop and administer all health and wellness programs and activities including oversight of onsite medical clinics and all Live Well programs. Provide training and ensure compliance of all nursing related OSHA. Work with risk management to assure a safe work environment, promote employee safety
awareness and reduction of accidents/recordable injuries.
What You Can Expect
Occupational Safety Program Compliance
● Deliver safety training related to health and wellness
● Participate in monthly Safety Steering Committee Conference calls
● Actively collaborate with risk management on the worker’s compensation and general liability case management and OSHA log recordkeeping for main campus Hearing Conservation Program
● Execute annual hearing conservation program to meet compliance, including scheduling and contracting vendors and performing audiometric tests/re-testing.
● Maintain Certified Occupational Hearing Conservationist recertification requirements.
● Maintain audiometric testing equipment in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions and provide for required machine calibration in accordance with 29 CFR 1910.95 Appendix E. DOT Program
● Execute compliance of DOT commercial driver’s license (CDL) program relative to scheduling health physicals.
● Administer policies/procedures and perform drug testing as needed for CDL applicants, physical exam requirements, post-accident, and random testing. Maintain confidentiality of all medical and testing results. Perform breath alcohol testing as required. Maintain DOT drug testing certification.
● Provide certified medical services, first aid and emergency response and accident investigation for all employees, tourists, visitors, and temporary employees relative to onsite injuries and illnesses.
● Monitor all AED units for preparedness, current electrodes, and batteries. Document that units are routinely checked.
● Manage all medical waste disposal scheduling and documents and proper training of staff in handling biohazardous waste materials.
● Provide leadership for the Medical Emergency Response Team. Assure medical directives and prescription authorization protocols are accurate, reviewed annually and signed by physicians.
● Maintain strong relationships with health professionals affiliated with local health providers.
Workers’ Compensation Case Management
● Work with the B-F case manager and Risk Management for effective work related injury claims management.
● Assist with the Coordination of case management with managers and supervisors for effective case management
● Respond to and input any corporate or US regional workers compensation claims into salesforce for first report of injury and claims administration.
● Identify the need for case management intervention and be able to conduct a thorough and objective assessment of the client's current status and case management needs. Coordinate care between medical providers, health care providers, legal, HR, insurers, and insured.
● Perform random DOT, pre-employment, post-accident, follow-up, and reasonable suspicion drug tests as required with the servicing provider.
Medical Leave Administration
● Assist employees with medical leave issues, inclusive. Communicate necessary information with Human Resources, payroll and disability leave coordinator.
● Assess employee for fitness-for-duty upon return from leave.
● Lead ADA accommodations process.
● Assure Confidentiality of personal health information and comply with established codes of ethics and legal or regulatory requirements (HIPPA,etc.)
● Provide competent and high quality treatment of work and non work related injuries and illnesses.
● Establish and maintain charts and medical files for all production employees.
● Responsible for evaluating treatment and monitoring an injured employee from the beginning of the illness/injury through recovery and return to work.
● Work closely with site Environmental, Health and Safety leaders to provide Nursing expertise as needed. (i.e Covid, disease management, H&S protocols)
We Are Looking For People Who
● A graduate of an accredited nursing program (2-year program) with a current LPN or RN license.
● Possess current and active Kentucky license.
● Minimum of three (3) years’ experience as an Occupational Health Nurse in a manufacturing environment.
● Experience in the development, implementation and administration of comprehensive safety and health programs.
● Strong interpersonal skills with ability to deal effectively and diplomatically, establishing effective working relationships with regulatory agency personnel and personnel at all levels of management, internal and external, with demonstrated leadership ability.
● Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
● Demonstrated ability and experience operating a PC, with specific experience and proficiency with related business and regulatory software.
● Current CPR/AED/First Aid instructor status or be able to obtain in a reasonable time frame.
● Experience with Workers Compensation case management.
What You Can Add To the Team
● BS Degree in Nursing (4-year program).
● Current certification as a urine collector for Non-DOT and DOT drug testing or be
able to obtain in a reasonable time frame
● Current certification as Certified Breath Alcohol Technician (or be able to obtain
in reasonable time)
What We Offer
Total Rewards at Brown-Forman is designed to engage our people to ensure sustainable and profitable growth for generations to come. As a premium spirits company, we offer premium and
equitable pay. We offer a range of premium benefits that reflect our company values and meet the needs of our diverse workforce. We are dedicated to creating a responsible drinking culture,
providing a safe, inclusive, and engaging workplace, protecting the environment, and making a positive contribution to our communities.
Global Job Level:P6
Number of Openings Available:1