Market Manager Emerging Brands-Atlanta
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Job Type: Full time
CURRENT EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, AND AGENCY PARTNERS:
If you currently work for Brown-Forman, please apply by clicking the Careers icon on the Workday portal.
For best results, use Google Chrome to view this page.
Meaningful Work From Day One:
Trade Development – 40%
● Develops rapport and personally calls on targeted on-premise & off-premise
accounts. Must maintain and actively work the targeted account list.
● “Hand Sells” assigned portfolio of brands to targeted gatekeepers (retailers, bar
owners/managers, and bartenders)
● Conducts wait staff training and coordinates brand education seminars in target
accounts to create advocacy for B-F brands
● Secures B-F priority brand visibility, menus, and features in targeted accounts
Market Planning & Evaluation – 20%
● Working with Emerging Brands Regional Manager, State Manager, Operations
Manager, and Field Marketing Managers, develops market plan for target accounts
● Works with distributor channel manager to set goals and tracking for distributor sales
● Serves as local “thought leader” for B-F Emerging Brands initiatives in market
● Monitors assigned B-F portfolio brand performance with the expectation of
exceeding market segment trends. Reviews local market performance monthly and
make recommendations on how to improve performance.
● Participates in on-going planning meetings with internal and external stakeholders
● Manages and maintains budget of T&E and TMF to within ~ 2%
Training & Coaching – 40%
● Responsible for training the distributor craft, off premise and on premise teams on
assigned B-F brands and their competitive set.
● Responsible for formal work-withs in the market with distributor sales teams a
minimum of 5 days per month. This is in addition to your independent time in the
market where you may encounter distributor reps on an ad-hoc basis.
● Completes ride-with contact report and works with distributor Division Manager and
copies RSM and State Manager on continuous improvement.
● Serves as B-F commercial team segment expert and coordinates training activities
across the local B-F team.
● Field coach for the Scotch/Slane Ambassador including account visits, goal writing,
budgeting and collaborating with the Emerging Brands Field Marketing Manager.
What Exactly Are We Looking For:
● Bachelor’s degree plus at least 3 years industry sales experience or equivalent
● Demonstrated ability to build relationships and maintain effective working
relationships with distributors, accounts, and all internal stakeholders
● Demonstrated knowledge of three-tier distribution system
● Team player: Able to put the needs of the overall Brown-Forman business above
the specific needs of the territory or team. Seeks out opportunities to collaborate
with leaders in other channels and territories. Keeps relevant parties informed of
activity and seeks similar behavior from the area team
● Ability to work some evenings and weekends as required, 20-25%. Overnight
● Proficient with Google Suite (Sheets, Docs, Slides) and Microsoft Office (Excel,
● Must have valid state driver’s license
● Physical ability to lift 60 pounds
Global Job Level:P6
Number of Openings Available:1