2nd Shift Quality Control Specialist (Shift Hours (3:00pm-11:30pm)
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Job Type: Full time
CURRENT EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, AND AGENCY PARTNERS:
If you currently work for Brown-Forman, please apply by clicking the Careers icon on the Workday portal.
For best results, use Google Chrome to view this page.Meaningful Work From Day One
Responsible for performing the qualitative analysis of raw materials, intermediates, and product samples collected throughout the Malt Beverage, Liqueurs and Spirits production process. Has ultimate authority regarding chemical analysis, treatment, adjustment, and approval for bottling during his/her shift. Indirectly coordinates and directs the activities of up to 5 hourly employees in the sampling, treatment, and adjustment of products being processed on the shift. Operates and maintains precision lab equipment on the shift.
What You Can Expect
● Monitors the production and processing of malt beverages, bourbon, spirits, and liqueurs to ensure they meet Quality Control requirements.
● Plans, organizes, and conducts chemical, qualitative and organoleptic analysis on in-process and finished product samples, incoming beverage alcohol product receipts and select raw materials to ensure adherence to manufacturing and quality standards.
● Recommends adjustments and corrections to bring products to standard during processing on his/her shift.
● Perform micro analysis on malt beverage and related bulk materials
● Monitors finished package appearance on the Bottling lines taking appropriate action, placing materials, or cases on hold as needed.
● Conducts pre-delivery sample tests for flavors and packaging materials, completing the necessary paperwork, informing appropriate parties, and contacting vendors as needed.
● Responsible for responding to packaging material quality incidents on the line. Measures and assesses packaging material against specifications and writes material discrepancy reports to vendors as required.
● Conducts daily HK&S and quality systems audits, making suggestions for improvement when necessary.
● Maintains communication with QC and Bottling personnel sharing information and updating training documents as needed.
● Works with internal partners, QA and R&D as needed.
● Maintains calibration on all lab equipment within BFB.
● Oversees data trends on all products to write variances, adjust specs, change formulas/procedures, and to keep other Brown-Forman departments, i.e., Quality Assurance, informed of any significant trends.
● Facilities and supports HACCP and Food Safety efforts for the Bottling and Processing organizations.
We Are Looking For People Who
Have a Bachelor's Degree Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or a related field AND/OR four years’ experience in beverage/food industry, analytical methods and laboratory procedures including general laboratory equipment. Ability to work periodic overtime or alternate work schedules, as operations require. This position will work 2nd shift (3pm-11:30pm). Computer literacy with windows, Microsoft products, and Google is required.
What You Can Add To The Team
Education: College/University (Bachelors or Equivalent); Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Related Field
Experience: Bachelor’s degree or working toward in Chemistry or related field and 2 years previous experience in the distilled spirits/beverage/food industry, particularly with analytical methods.
Global Job Level:P4
Number of Openings Available:1