Market Manager Off Premise- Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Job Type: Full time
CURRENT EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, AND AGENCY PARTNERS:
If you currently work for Brown-Forman, please apply by clicking the Careers icon on the Workday portal.
For best results, use Google Chrome to view this page.
"This role provides the opportunity to be a local leader of the Brown-Forman Family of Brands as well as work in the largest most competitive market in the country. The role offers the opportunity to influence and lead the complex Southern California Off Premise Channel areas of business: The Trade (Independent, Mercado, Sub Wholesale), Distributor, Agency Partners, and Field Marketing. "-Hiring Manager
Meaningful Work From Day One:
Key Account & Field Execution
- Assumes leadership role in understanding, developing and implementing key customer initiatives within the General Market Off Premise Channel for Southern California
- Creates customer focused win-win initiatives that enhance B-F and customer profitability
- Establish positive customer rapport at all levels, in all assigned accounts, and throughout the distributor sales teams
- Manages and builds relationships with Mercado groups, sub wholesalers, and e-commerce partners.
- Conducts business performance reviews in accordance with achieving customer plans
- Manages the execution of National/Regional programming through distributor account teams
- Gathers competitive intel & trends to share with B-F teams
- Manages buy-the-barrel programs and acts as the liaison between distributors & customers to promote the program, facilitate orders and execute merchandising & promotion of barrel sales
- Ensures B-F merchandising standards are met in designated account list (display, shelf sets, cold box placement etc.) and POS is properly leveraged
- Manage market visits from brand team, brand ambassadors and VIP visitors
- Lead our trade show execution including registration, brand selection, set up plans and our overall involvement to properly engage with trade attendees.
- Champion E-Commerce partners and key accounts within Southern California and collaborate with West Region E-Commerce Account Manager
- Works in accordance with all CA state laws as well as B-F internal code of conduct
- Works to encompass the development of off-premise brand building plans that are successfully executed in collaboration with all distributor partners along with an ROI analysis on each program after completion.
- Develops appropriate sell sheets, sales tools, GSM decks and brand information sheets and/or POS to support distributor sales efforts and communicate priority programs & objectives
- Lead distributor GSM meetings, planning meetings and review meetings to ensure distributor teams are aligned, informed and accountable
- Work-withs in the field with distributor managers & sales reps to collaboratively sell-in new distribution, programs, displays, retail visibility etc.
- Maintain regular cadence with distributor Sales Managers to ensure accountability and continued focus against off-premise specific priorities and goals
Planning & Evaluation
- Champions the off-premise effort to win at the point of purchase. Collaborates with market teams to ensure superior distributor execution of brand initiatives.
- Communicates pricing expectations to customer and contributes feedback to the overall B-F pricing plans to maximize brand performance and competitive positioning
- Share best practices from local activations and communicate competitive intelligence.
- Manage priorities and assigned budgeting to deliver desired goals in key accounts.
- Monitors brand performance with the expectation of exceeding market segment trends
- Connects with multiple external contacts including the distributor, local chains, key customers
- Participates in on-going planning meetings with internal and external stakeholders as required.
- Manages the execution of National/Regional programming through distributor account teams.
- Collaborates with multiple divisional contacts consisting of sales team, brand team, finance team and field marketing team
- Manage off-premise POS ordering & usage
- Works directly with TPM & FMMs to develop and execute channel specific plans to include utilization of the MRM planning tool, budget trackers, sharing of best practices and POS management
- Budget responsibilities (TMF & SG&A)
What Exactly Are We Looking For?
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years industry experience and/or 4 years sales experience in a consumer products industry.
- Beverage Alcohol industry experience
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with distributor, accounts and all internal stakeholders.
- Demonstrated strong coaching and sales training skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of off-premise business and three-tier distribution system
- Team player: Able to put the needs of the overall Brown-Forman business above the specific needs of the territory or team. Seeks out opportunities to collaborate with leaders in other channels and territories. Keeps relevant parties informed of activity and seeks similar behavior from the area team.
- Literate with spreadsheet programs (such as Excel & Google), word processing programs (such as Word), presentation programs (such as PowerPoint) and communication programs (such as G-Mail).
- Must have a valid state driver’s license.
- Physical ability to lift 60 pounds.
Global Job Level:P6
Number of Openings Available:1