Region Marketing Director
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Job Type: Full time
CURRENT EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, AND AGENCY PARTNERS:
If you currently work for Brown-Forman, please apply by clicking the Careers icon on the Workday portal.
For best results, use Google Chrome to view this page.
Meaningful Work from Day One:
The Regional Marketing Director position is responsible for the development and implementation of the overall field marketing plan for their respective region. Working closely with the USA & Canada marketing team, this individual serves as the region business unit lead for all aspects of brand, trade and field marketing. The primary objective of this position is to accelerate brand volume and value share growth where significant geographic, consumer of portfolio opportunities exist. This position leads the development, localization, implementation and evaluation of local brand consumer activation programs and plans to maximize growth, profitability and brand equity, consistent with the national brand strategy.
What You Can Expect:
● Provides brand planning and leadership for the region by ensuring that the appropriate brand strategies, structures, systems, and capabilities/competencies are developed to meet national brand objectives.
● Leads region marketing team in the development of B-F marketing capabilities and the application of the B-F Brand Growth Framework
● Works with region marketing team in support of their personal development and career ambitions
● Participates in the development of the region brand plans.
● Leads the development, localization, implementation, execution and evaluation of region brand and business plans to maximize growth, profitability and brand equity consistent with brand strategy. This includes collaboration with region commercial and operation teams, as well as national brand teams, and distributor marketing teams.
● Provides oversight (FMM’s) in the implementation of consumer advertising in the region.
● Collects and distributes relevant consumer and competitive intelligence from the region to the respective brand teams. Represents region at USA & Canada brand strategy & ideation meetings.
● Ensures agency and distributor infrastructure is in place to execute brand plans with excellence
● Participates on region and national marketing leadership teams
● Serves as primary marketing contact to distributor principals within the region
● Develops and leads brand presentations to key industry stakeholders
● With the Region Finance Director and Region Managing Director leads the strategic allocation of resources across the portfolio and region
● Accountable for the delivery of the brand business plan in the region
● Facilitates “Focused” execution for the sales team.
● Leads the development and evaluation of local brand/channel plans and merchandising/promotional standards.
● Accountable for the development and implementation of the portfolio multi-cultural strategy in the region.
● Initiates remedial plans in the event performance falls below expectation.
● Supports B-F e-premise efforts in collaboration with the region sales team and ensuring brand assets are readily available, distributed across various distributor platforms.
● Through marketing proficiency assists the field team to deliver or exceed net sales targets while enhancing brand equity across the portfolio.
● Demonstrates agility, transparency, and empowerment.
● Sets the example for positive communication and collaboration with peers, colleagues and management.
● Shares best practices and nurtures an affirmative team environment and culture.
● Communicate with the Region Managing Director and B-F Marketing Director on an ongoing basis to ensure understanding of key initiative performance.
● Collaborates on national reviews and general business presentations.
What Exactly Are We Looking For?
● University/College degree in business, marketing or related area (preferred); or 8+ years marketing experience within CPG industry.
● 5-7 years in field marketing management required, with some experience in field sales preferred
● Beverage alcohol experience preferred
● Demonstrated ability to build and lead a team
● Excellent presentation, communication, interpersonal & organizational skills.
● Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all members of extended teams.
● Self-motivated and ability to motivate others.
● Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
● Demonstrated ability to create, control, and maintain financial and/or business analyses, including budgets. Sound financial skills including experience in building and managing a budget.
● Excellent strategic and tactical skills; demonstrated ability to implement and adapt national programs to the field.
● Computer literate with word processing programs such as Google Docs, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
● Willingness to travel 35-50%, and ability to work nights and weekends as required.
Management Level:Business Leader
Global Job Level:B1
Number of Openings Available:1