Technical Accounting Director
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Perfection not required
Excited about this role, but not sure if you meet 100% of the criteria? Employers would still love to hear from you.
Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 86 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
How will this role help Canva achieve its mission?
As one of the world’s fastest growing private technology companies, we are often carving out our own path when it comes to the application of accounting standards in our policies and practices
We are looking for a trail-blazer in the world of US GAAP - someone who seeks to redefine rather than following the crowd. You are excited by the prospect of unraveling technical accounting problems by providing deep insights in the application of the standards.
Reporting to Finance Leadership, you’ll have a passion for making complex things simple and supercharging our processes to ensure our financial information is compliant with US GAAP. You love applying your knowledge to solve commercial transactions and you can help us fill in the GAAPs (sorry!) across our accounting policies and processes.
What you’ll do
As the Technical Accounting Director, you will be the architect of our US GAAP accounting policies, building the foundations for scalable and GAAP-compliant processes. This will include:
What we're looking for
Being a Force for good
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
- Competitive health benefits plans to support you and your wellbeing
- Equity packages to truly be a part of the Canva journey
- 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution to support you
- Hybrid work model (in-office & from home)
- Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
- Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
- Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
You’ve got this!