Senior Employment Counsel
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the team
Canva is seeking a Senior Employment Lawyer to continue the growth of our global employment legal function. Along with business as usual activities, this role will be a key partner to the People function and there are so many crazy big goals for this person to immediately be able to make an impact. Reporting to the Head of Employment Legal, Global, you will be an influential team member with an entrepreneurial mindset.
If you’re an employment lawyer who thrives in a fast-paced and often unstructured environment, this is your opportunity!
We get it, you have exceptional employment law skills because you’re based in the US. Yet, we are headquartered in Sydney, Australia. Maybe you fell in love with our warm weather and gorgeous accessible beaches, so you decided to stay longer! We’re flexible and looking for a great candidate and can make all sorts of arrangements work in the long run.
If you are outside of Australia, we are keen to get you here on a temporary or permanent visa and would certainly discuss relocation options as part of the process.
What you'll do
What we're looking for
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
- Competitive health benefits plans to support you and your wellbeing
- Equity packages truly be a part of the Canva journey 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution to support you, with your future
- Hybrid work model (in-office & from home)
- Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
- Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
- Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
You’ve got this!