Technical Marketing Engineer - Visibility
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
The Cisco Meraki team is seeking a creative and driven Technical Marketing Engineer to help drive and support our technical vision for Network Visibility. You will expand Meraki’s network monitoring and observability capabilities and collaborate with product teams across the company (wireless LAN, switching, network security, SD-WAN, and more).
Meraki is changing the way the industry thinks about networking, and you will lead the charge to continue the evolution. You will team up with forward-thinking engineers and engaged customers to help ensure that we have the best user experience and the most sophisticated cloud platform in the industry!
As a Technical Marketing Engineer, you are the authority on the product and ensure the continued success of Meraki products by driving feature development, customer issue resolution, and technical sales enablement. You will collaborate with an outstanding Engineering team to build the future of the Meraki platform. You will also partner with our Sales team to ensure we continue to grow our customer base, as well as work closely with our Support team to analyze and resolve critical issues.
- Serve as the domain specialist and key technical advisor for Meraki network visibility initiatives
- Represent visibility features, roadmaps, and strategy to partners, customers, and executives
- Work cross-collaboratively with engineering through design, development, testing, launch, and iteration of new and existing capabilities
- Drive cross-team initiatives, investigations of customer issues, and exploration of feature requests
- Produce user documentation, standard methodology documents, and deployment guides for internal and external use across the organization.
- Build relationships with our team members in Sales, as well as our customers, and act as the primary technical point of contact for some of our most industry-leading deployments
- 2-5 years of demonstrated experience in a technical role
- Degree in CS, EE, or a related technical field
- Deep understanding and familiarity with LAN networking technologies and associated networking hardware
- A high degree of comfort with API frameworks and scripting languages
- Experience in supporting, selling, or using network technologies
- Strong user insight with a deep desire to understand and help solve our top customer problems
- Ability to easily communicate complicated concepts to non-technical people
- Ambitious, can-do attitude with a strong sense of product quality
- A passion for solving technical problems in creative ways
- Experience working closely with software development teams preferred
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Policy:
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.