Lead Site Reliability Engineer, DevTools
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
The Developer Tools team at Meraki engineers tools, automation and processes that facilitate developers’ efficiency. We support the entire software development lifecycle (SDLC), including core developer tools and environments, build tools, code review, identity management, source version control, artifact management, CI/CD pipelines, education, and documentation. Our customers are all engineers at Meraki.
As a Lead Site Reliability Engineer, you will architect, build, and evolve the developer experience for Meraki's Cloud Engineering teams. You will work within a team distributed across the US and UK and collaborate with other teams across SRE and Cloud Engineering. Your decisions will shape the day to day operations of Meraki's cloud, and enable our engineers to easily, safely, and confidently experiment on and build great products!
- Lead the design and evolution of critical infrastructure for building, testing, and deploying our cloud applications.
- Take the lead on complex problem resolution and debugging of internal and vendor-supplied tools.
- Influence and drive operational excellence within the organization.
- Learn and understand the priorities and practices of other engineering teams to design systems that work for them.
- Work on cross-functional initiatives within Cloud Engineering and with non-technical stakeholders.
- Practice sustainable incident response (on call rotation) and blameless postmortems.
You Are an Ideal Candidate If You:
- Have a software development background with 8+ years demonstrated ability coding with languages like Ruby or Python.
- Quickly learn and dive into new or unfamiliar technologies.
- Like to mentor other specialists and set a higher standard on the team.
- Are deeply passionate about running highly resilient/scalable systems.
- Embrace the configuration-as-code and automation-first attitudes.
- Have experience with modern Unix/Linux operating systems/distributions.
Bonus Points For:
- Experience in a hybrid cloud environment (we deploy to bare metal, container orchestration, and managed cloud services).
- Experience building and supporting tools for a quickly growing engineering organization.
Keywords: Site Reliability Engineering, Developer Tools, Developer Efficiency, Software Engineering, GitLab, Jenkins, Artifactory, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.