Lead Product Designer, IoT (Remote)
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
Cisco Meraki is the industry leader in simple, secure, intelligent networking and IoT platforms. We empower organizations everywhere – from local libraries to global hotels – to focus on their mission and have technology that simply works. Our portfolio includes wireless, security, intelligent insights, and smart spaces.
Cisco has named #1 Best Company to Work For in the U.S. by Fortune in 2021!
What we're looking for
Lead Product Designers help envision and create outstanding experiences, while leading and mentoring other designers. You’ll envision experiences for configuring, monitoring, and capturing insights from smart spaces and intelligent IoT platforms. Collaborating closely with cross-functional partners, you’ll balance a strategic approach with lean design execution. You’ll get to understand the complex needs of target audiences, help to set the vision for products grounded in those needs, and partner with cross-functional teams to build iteratively.
Our team's primary focus is on software, but we also find opportunities to collaborate with teams across the organization to improve the end-to-end customer journey. Meraki believes the quality of our products is dependent on the quality of our teams. We place a high value on nurturing the growth and development of everyone on our team. On the Design Team, we give and get feedback early and often, share what we know, and learn from each other.
- Guide the design of large, complex projects or initiatives that span products.
- Partner with Product Managers and Engineers to find opportunities, explore solutions, and take concepts from ideation to execution.
- Translate what may start as ambiguous business needs into clear customer-focused solutions and frameworks.
- Ensure a holistic, strategic, detailed approach to design in your product area.
- Build effective working relationships and bring the wider team into the design process.
- Craft stories and prototypes that help others envision and rally around your designs.
- Provide constructive feedback and direction to other designers.
- Facilitate workshops, sketch and prototype solutions, and create high-fidelity designs.
- Advocate for design-centered product enhancements grounded in research and analysis.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- 10+ years of professional experience designing and delivering products in cross-functional teams from start to finish.
- Experience designing experiences around IoT devices, cameras, or sensors.
- Love for making complex problems and workflows feel simple and approachable.
- Ability to balance working strategically with shipping often.
- Ability to persuasively tell the story of a project and its underlying design rationale.
WONDERING WHAT WORKING AT CISCO MERAKI IS LIKE?
Picture a beautiful office, balanced catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, an onsite gym, and paid time off to volunteer. Cisco Meraki has crafted an amazing equal opportunity focused office where employees thrive. We are confident you will love it here.
We encourage you to drop us a line even if you don’t have all the points above. That’s a lot of different areas of responsibility! We will help you pick them up because we believe that great UXers come from a diverse set of backgrounds.
Please include a link to your online portfolio. Only those applications that include portfolios will be considered.
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.