Senior Software Release Engineer
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making IT and security easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
About the Team
As a Senior Software Release Engineer , you will be fully embedded in our MR wireless software team and lead all aspects of ensuring a structured and efficient firmware release process. You will analyze the stability of released firmware, build and prioritize test cases for our testing team, recommend software improvements to our development track bugs and regressions. You will drive our product's firmware release cycle and serve as the point person for the software and product management teams.
A Day in the Life of a Release Engineer:
- Contribute towards big picture release planning for the MR product team
- Guide the release process from choosing a candidate firmware all the way to releasing it to GA
- Reviewing support cases to identify regressions in released firmware and shepherding them to resolution
- Collaborate with chipset vendors to prioritize reported issues and plan for 3rd-party code integration into software releases
- Assisting in planning and execution of action items to clear issues blocking releases
- Collecting sentiment reports from our sales and support teams
- Working closely with the following teams - Product Management, QA Development teams to supervise the progress of firmware release candidates
- Helping to decide priorities and roadmap for software testing and development
You are an ideal candidate if you have/are:
- Experience with Git and Gitlab
- Experience managing and releasing multiple branches in parallel
- 4+ years of experience with release management or software regression analysis
- Knowledge of LAN fundamentals
- Experience with Data Analytics/Visualization tools and libraries
- Experience with relational databases
- Make release decisions based on data and evidence
- Have excellent presentation and communication skills
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python or Ruby
- Knowledge of the Meraki MR product portfolio
- Knowledge of WLAN (802.11) fundamentals
- Knowledge of Agile and Scrum methodologies
Meraki is headquartered in the Mission Bay area of San Francisco, with beautiful views of the Oracle Ballpark and the Bay beyond. There are also locations in San Jose, Chicago, and Austin. All locations offer a generous benefits package.
At Meraki, we don’t just accept difference – it’s one of our key values. Everybody In means we listen to each other’s opinions. Everybody is accepted and valued here, and we are a team that works as one towards our goals. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Policy : The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.