Senior Security Operations Engineer (Detection and Response) (Remote)
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most significant to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
As a senior member of the Security Operations team, you will have a substantial impact on the security of millions of Cisco Meraki users all around the world. We are looking for people who are passionate about building full stack security tools and have substantial experience developing in a containerized cloud/data center hybrid environment.
- Build and maintain custom microservices such as:
- AWS-based SIEM solution
- Monitoring and anomaly detection tooling
- Automated certificate renewal and PKI infrastructure
- Incident response automation
- Deploy and tune vendor solutions to feed data into our detection stack, such as:
- Intrusion detection systems
- File integrity monitoring
- Vulnerability scanners
- Partner with the greater security team as well as our product and infrastructure teams to build scalable and user-friendly security tooling
- Build seamless integrations between our tools, Meraki’s development stack, and the broader Cisco security infrastructure
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Have 5+ years of full-stack development experience in Ruby or Python
- Have experience in web, database, information, and/or infrastructure security
- Know and love learning about the latest security tools, infrastructure
- Have experience developing in a hybrid environment utilizing AWS or other cloud providers
- Enjoy working across and being a resource for other engineers and sharing your knowledge of secure coding practices
- Have experience on a pager rotation where you responded to incidents quickly
Bonus points for:
- Know and recognize common vulnerability types, including SQL/command injection, XSS, CSRF, and SSRF
- Experience with IoT platforms, large-scale distributed systems, and/or client-server architectures
- Proven track record to ship in a dynamic environment
At Meraki, we are driven by the desire to make managing sophisticated networks simple. Our firmware combined with a web-based dashboard allows customers to manage enterprise scale networks using a simple point and click interface. We are passionate about building real products that our customers love. We believe in fostering a positive culture by hiring, coaching, and empowering hard-working, helpful, humble people. With the support of management, we constantly look within for ways to improve organizationally. Finally, we maintain a positive relationship with Cisco that gives us the stability and resources of a larger company without sacrificing our startup vibe—including an amazing office overlooking the Bay Bridge, stocked full of food and drinks.
Meraki is headquartered in the Mission Bay area of San Francisco, with beautiful views of the Oracle Ballpark and the Bay beyond. There are also locations in San Jose, Chicago, and Austin. All locations offer a generous benefits package.
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.