Senior Software Engineering Manager, IoT Sensors
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
In this role, you’ll lead a growing multi-disciplinary team of passionate software engineers and engineering managers responsible for Meraki’s IoT sensor strategy (MT) and implementation. You will provide leadership in both cloud and embedded firmware architecture while closely partnering with your counterparts in hardware engineering, product management, and technical support. You will be a strong mentor, nurturing your team in an encouraging environment where your team can do their best work. You have an unyielding focus on user experience — you care that your team is building the features that will have the biggest impact on Meraki’s users. You are a product-minded engineering leader who is looking to deliver experiences that buck the status quo. This role will allow you to build knowledge across a multitude of product verticals such as air-quality monitoring, water-leak detection, cold-chain monitoring, and more.
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making IoT and networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works!
Examples of your responsibilities:
- Partner with our recruiters to create strategies for growing a diverse and inclusive team
- Partner with others across Meraki to define and deliver the roadmap for Meraki’s IoT sensor strategy for the next 3 to 5 years
- Lead and mentor engineers at an architectural level
- Set the tone for the team in fostering an inclusive, diverse, and collaborative environment where people thrive
- Holding regular one-on-ones with your team, writing performance evaluations, and compensation planning in pursuit of realizing their full potential
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Have 4+ years of experience leading and inspiring passionate engineering teams to do their best work
- Have 8+ years of multi-disciplinary software development spanning from embedded systems to cloud.
- Have developed a team focused on solving the challenges unique to the IoT industry
- Influenced change indirectly by providing leadership to managers and other professional staff
- Are an adaptable and versatile leader with a proven track record of altering the trajectory of your team based on business needs
Bonus points for:
- Experience reading schematics and datasheets
- Working knowledge of MQTT
- Work experience with various wireless technologies used in the IoT industry
Drop us a line even if you don’t have all the points above. That’s a lot of different areas of responsibility! We will help you pick them up because we believe that excellent engineers come from a diverse set of backgrounds.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.