Hardware Product Manager, MX (Meraki Security & SD-WAN)
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. By simplifying powerful technology, we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products, and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
Meraki’s Hardware team is looking to attract a technical leader with a passion for Switch development to build future Meraki MX hardware.
Our Hardware Product Managers lead all products and control every aspect of their creation. From architecture and initial sketches through detailed design and the final drive to mass and sustaining production, nothing escapes the HWPM’s sphere of influence and responsibility. Join our high-impact team and work with every part of the machine that brings the Meraki Magic to market!
What You’ll Lead
- Develop architecture, author system PRDs, and lead RFQs for Meraki SD-WAN MX product line
- Build and track product schedule through NPI, coordinating with ME, sourcing, packaging, certification, and quality teams. Provide technical mentorship as needed.
- Validate and iterate on layout and schematics. Drive JDM vendor approvals.
- Work with product management, software, supply chain, and marketing to drive hardware product development
- Collaborate with quality and sourcing through sustaining production. Lead failure analysis as required.
- Experience in hardware development, working with networking hardware technologies (e.g. security appliances, servers, routers, switches, etc.)
- Experience working with Asia-based manufacturers.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills, ability to coordinate & drive programs across multi-functional teams
- BS and/or MS in Electrical Engineering or a related subject area.
- Able to travel up to 15% to Taiwan.
- End-to-end product development experience on at least one product of reasonable complexity - the more, the better!
Bonus If You Have
- Knowledge of CPUs (ARM, x86), PHYs, fiber optic interfaces, power sub-systems, SI/PI fundamentals, relevant IEEE standards
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes and build management.
- Cultural competence and understanding of Taiwanese and Chinese cultures.
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you!!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.