Product Costing Lead
Location: Chicago, Illinois, San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. By simplifying powerful technology we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products, and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
The Product Cost Lead will be responsible for Meraki Hardware product costs (BOM, CAPEX) from NPI through to EOL. You’ll lead projects that enable the tracking and analysis of product BOM costs & program expenses throughout the program lifecycle and well into mass production.
A key success factor for this role will be the ability to facilitate end-to-end cost analysis and reporting across Meraki Engineering Teams, Finance, GSM and Meraki’s contract manufacturers. You’ll have significant internal and external visibility within Meraki and will be positioned to guide Meraki’s product and program budgets from the ground up.
We are looking for a leader with a point of view who will interface deeply with GSM and Engineering to improve our broader sourcing and costing cycles. Additionally, a leader who brings a depth of knowledge and expertise on industry standard methodologies to inspire change across the department.
- Build Product Cost Models (BOM & CAPEX) and manage targets to goal
- Partner with Engineering & GSM to drive cost adherence and reductions over time
- Engage with GSM to drive improvements to overall costing process
- Help drive financial modeling and forecasting of budget and expenses within hardware engineering
- Drive critical metrics across the costing team and build action plans
- Help support large transformation projects over the long term
- Leader - brings a call to action and encourage your peers
- Strategic - use data and partner inputs to drive decisions on prioritization and resource allocation.
- Collaborative - equally invested in the success of team members. You facilitate, invite and act on different points of view.
- Analytical - use data to make decisions and measure effectiveness.
- Communicator. You communicate effectively across cross-functional teams.
- Organized. You build and implement processes and be persistent in enforcing it.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree, preferably in Supply Chain, Operations or Engineering.
- 7-10+ years of Costing, Strategic Sourcing or Supply Chain Finance experience in consumer electronics industry
- Experience working with Asian supply chains
- Experience collaborating and working cross-functionally with different teams and at multiple levels of an organization.
- Ability to travel up to 10% as needed.
- Deep industry knowledge in Product Cost modeling, budgeting and GSM
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you!!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.