Senior Software Engineer, Cloud-Native App Development
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works. We maintain a positive relationship with Cisco that gives us the stability and resources of a larger company without sacrificing our startup vibe.
Our devices are some of the most popular in the world: there are over 11 million devices online globally. This popularity comes with large scalability challenges: our core services process more than 110 billion transactions a day.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be part of a team that builds highly distributed, resilient, scalable, and fault tolerant cloud-native/hosted services. These services provide Meraki devices an easy and secure way to connect to our Backend. Our tech stack is very broad, and as part of your day to day, you will dabble into various programming languages, testing techniques, SQL and NoSQL databases, deployment tools, observability frameworks, and interface with both on-prem and cloud infrastructure. You will also spend some time supporting our legacy on-prem applications.
- Experience designing, building, and packaging cloud-native/hosted applications.
- Strong experience building distributed applications in Golang. Bonus points for familiarity with Scala, Ruby, and/or C++.
- Hands-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes, or other container platforms.
- Thorough knowledge of working with SQL and NoSQL databases (e.g., PostgreSQL, TimescaleDB, DynamoDB).
- Experience working with infra management and observability frameworks such as Ansible, Terreform, GitlabCI, ELK,Grafana, etc.
- Experience owning a project from ideation to production where you build consensus on design and lead execution.
We encourage you to drop us a line even if you don’t have all the points above. That's a lot of different areas of responsibility! We will help you pick them up because we believe that great engineers come from diverse backgrounds.
LIFE AT CISCO MERAKI
We are passionate about building real products that our customers love. We are confident you will love it here.
AS A CISCO MERAKI EMPLOYEE YOU CAN EXPECT:
- A supportive and fun environment and a team that values your contributions. The Backend Group is called the Exploding Whales. Interested to learn why? Just message us.
- A lot of opportunities for professional and personal growth via employee-led groups. Check out one of our groups — Women of Meraki on Twitter and Instagram.
- Actionable and candid feedback on a regular basis following Radical Candor.
- Delicious catered meals every day and fully-stocked kitchens and all you can eat snacks.
- Paid time off to volunteer, and much more.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.